SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#463534 - 12/20/18 02:03 PM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Scott Langholff]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
It is the 6-8 Rock.
It is made for the song "Black Valvet" by Alannah Myles with typical intro etc.
Eric

#463536 - 12/20/18 03:34 PM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Correct, Eric: Great style with lots of choices for guitars and/or pianos, etc.

Thanks for listening and recognizing the style.

----Dave

#463540 - 12/20/18 04:21 PM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
It's one of my favorites too. wink
Eric

#463541 - 12/20/18 05:01 PM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Thanks for listening, Steve:

It was the "style" and not the dim-witted semi-performer doing all the "heavy lifting." If I could really play, like you, I would be on easy street right now, my friend. Songwriting has been so much easier for me with the Yamaha 970 Mason sold me.

You are on "my Radar" for performances 'cause I really do admire the way you play. What a gift!

Regards and thanks again, ----Dave

....(not to be confused with U.D.)

Dave, You're welcome. I'm not so sure playing like me would put you on easy street but thanks again for your kind words. It will probably be a while before I post another piano solo since we are headed to Florida for the winter and I don't have a piano there.

Ditto to what Eric worte about that style and the guitars!

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/20/18 05:02 PM)

#463543 - 12/20/18 06:02 PM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Riceroni9 Offline

Enjoy Florida, Steve:

Surely there is a way for you to link up with someone in the Sunshine State who will share their Grand Piano to a gifted artist like you. I am amazed at the number of songwriters, musicians and artists who live all over the state. If I should run across someone I think might be overflowing with Pianos and willing to share, I'll send you a PM and you can check to see if the chemistry is right.

All the best, ----Dave

#463546 - 12/20/18 06:59 PM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Stephenm52 Offline

Enjoy Florida, Steve:

Surely there is a way for you to link up with someone in the Sunshine State who will share their Grand Piano to a gifted artist like you. I am amazed at the number of songwriters, musicians and artists who live all over the state. If I should run across someone I think might be overflowing with Pianos and willing to share, I'll send you a PM and you can check to see if the chemistry is right.

All the best, ----Dave

Dave thank you much appreciated. I'm also going to take a look at resales of a digital piano there seem to be quite a few in The Villages, just have to find one at the right price maybe at an estate sale.

#463555 - 12/20/18 08:17 PM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Riceroni9 Offline

Sounds like a great plan, Stephen:

The Villages should be a perfect place to find a good, well cared for digital Piano. I love estate sales. While working in California we would spend our weekends scouring estate and garage sales. Our apartment was furnished by the company and we were only there for about six months while our new plant was being built in Arizona. Kept us occupied and entertained plus we found some neat things.

A trend we noticed out there, folks would sell everything including furniture, they didn't want to move to their new location. Saved them a ton on moving expenses and they didn't seem to mind starting again nearly from scratch. Interesting concept.

Enjoy that great weather.

#463564 - 12/21/18 03:48 AM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Stephenm52 Offline

Sounds like a great plan, Stephen:

A trend we noticed out there, folks would sell everything including furniture, they didn't want to move to their new location. Saved them a ton on moving expenses and they didn't seem to mind starting again nearly from scratch. Interesting concept.

Enjoy that great weather.

That seems to be a trend in the area where we are too.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online