SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#463486 - 12/20/18 05:32 AM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Paul:

So glad you "stopped by" from your busy schedule and listened. I appreciate your encouraging words. Songwriting is what "makes me tick" and having a keyboard with real musical "artillery" improves the sound of my creations... to my way of thinking. I struggle with my vocals due to my age and lack of real vocal training. I wake up with a different voice each day, regretfully. The good news, since I never perform before an audience, all I have to do is create one "stunning" song to use as "bait" in the publishing and pitching activities needed to get somebody with "star power" to listen and want to record it.

Thanks so much for listening... and for what you do to brighten and enliven young minds. ----Dave

#463487 - 12/20/18 05:42 AM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Dave,

Nice tune and I like the guitar work. Like the others have mentioned “you’ve been holding out on us.”

#463490 - 12/20/18 05:52 AM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Riceroni9 Offline

Thanks for listening, Steve:

It was the "style" and not the dim-witted semi-performer doing all the "heavy lifting." If I could really play, like you, I would be on easy street right now, my friend. Songwriting has been so much easier for me with the Yamaha 970 Mason sold me.

You are on "my Radar" for performances 'cause I really do admire the way you play. What a gift!

Regards and thanks again, ----Dave

....(not to be confused with U.D.)

#463492 - 12/20/18 06:26 AM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Thanks Tony:

As you probably know, I am a song-writer first, a singer of sorts secondly and a miserable musician.

Dave,

If I have it right, this recording is you playing a real guitar and singing with a PSR-970? If this is correct, I have no idea why you refer to yourself as a "miserable musician." The guitar playing is what I would term as very good-clean and simple. And if you go out and get 100 of the most successful CDs (from "our" era) from the rock, blues and country fields you will find that nearly all feature simple ideas and playing.

As for your singing, I have heard many people who sing worse than you who were making a living performing (back in the day anyway). So, while I agree with some of the criticisms voiced here, I do not agree that you are a "miserable musician" or a "singer of sorts." My main point would be that you say your goal is to create demos that could interest people in your songs. The timing issues mentioned could be a deterrent to that idea. That is not to say that you have to arrange this song in a standard 12 bar blues format for it to be successful. A "non standard" arrangement could work very well but it should be a little more consistent.

In any case, I thought the song was good and well performed. Good luck in your endeavors.

#463493 - 12/20/18 06:35 AM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Dnj Offline

clap Very nice Dave thanx for sharing....

love that Bluesy "Black Velvetish" groove...more more! cool2

Great for dancin' West Coast Swing too !

Edited by Dnj (12/20/18 06:36 AM)

#463496 - 12/20/18 06:49 AM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Riceroni9 Offline

Hi Tracy... and thanks for listening:

Regretfully, that is not me playing a guitar. It is a new Yamaha Style, worked over by me in the "set-up" by selecting the different instruments being used. It is my vocal and was recorded "live" as I played the Yamaha PSR-S970 and sang into a digital recorder, then edits were made via software on my Computer before the WAV file was copied as an MP3 file. I'll go back and re-cut it when time permits and do my best to pay attention to the timing issues... and some other stuff my ears detect. I am a better listener than musician or performer.

Your thoughts and comments are much appreciated. Thanks again!

----Dave

#463497 - 12/20/18 06:50 AM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Dave...I Enjoyed both Your Playing(Great Guitar) and Singing...I'll trade My really poor Vocals and Playing Anytime! Please keep them coming...Harold

#463505 - 12/20/18 08:37 AM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Great job, Dave. Loved both the style and the guitar licks.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#463509 - 12/20/18 09:36 AM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: Riceroni9]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Hi Tracy... and thanks for listening:

Regretfully, that is not me playing a guitar. It is a new Yamaha Style, worked over by me in the "set-up" by selecting the different instruments being used. It is my vocal and was recorded "live" as I played the Yamaha PSR-S970 and sang into a digital recorder, then edits were made via software on my Computer before the WAV file was copied as an MP3 file. I'll go back and re-cut it when time permits and do my best to pay attention to the timing issues... and some other stuff my ears detect. I am a better listener than musician or performer.

Your thoughts and comments are much appreciated. Thanks again!

----Dave

Thanks for the clarification. Now I know why Yamaha guitar sounds are said to be so good-it had me fooled. Still a good song and good vocals.

#463523 - 12/20/18 12:22 PM Re: A Blues Number from Dave Rice [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I enjoyed that. It's a cool tune. What style did you use for that?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online