SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#462624 - 12/06/18 07:47 AM Re: Original Christmas Song [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thank you guys! The song was written when my first wife unexpectedly left me and my two-year-old son, and disappeared for a couple of years, without explanation.
There is good news though. It eventually turned out that she had developed a toxic goiter, that affected her thyroid gland and, among other symptoms, caused a personality change. After successful surgery and treatment she returned to "normal", but by then it was too late for a reconciliation. We do remain friends and have a son and two grandsons in common.
And, if this hadn't happened I would not have my "current" family, with which I've blessed to have for 38 years now!
I think the song is written so it fits a number of situations, and my intent is not to bring sadness, to express a great sense of loss.
You all are very kind to make such great comments and I appreciate not only your listening but your great friendship over all these years.
Merry Christmas to all!

#462628 - 12/06/18 08:38 AM Re: Original Christmas Song [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don, we didn't need to know the back story, but thanks for sharing it ...
And we appreciate you at least as much ...

#462629 - 12/06/18 08:51 AM Re: Original Christmas Song [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Tony, I think every great song has a 'backstory', and has the potential to reflect many other backstories. I think this is such a song. I also think Don's backstory shows us once again that what we think is our 'darkest hour' may just be the dawn of a new and brighter day.

chas

#462630 - 12/06/18 08:56 AM Re: Original Christmas Song [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj
Don now that's a hit song! send it to Nashville ..

+1
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#462631 - 12/06/18 08:56 AM Re: Original Christmas Song [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Tony, I think every great song has a 'backstory', and has the potential to reflect many other backstories. I think this is such a song. I also think Don's backstory shows us once again that what we think is our 'darkest hour' may just be the dawn of a new and brighter day.

chas

Well said Chas. I believe that there is a reason for everything that happens, even if we don't realize what it is at the time.
I was afraid I was giving TOO MUCH INFORMATION. smile

#462635 - 12/06/18 09:29 AM Re: Original Christmas Song [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Don and chas ... I hope I wasn't mis-interpreted ... I listened to the song with my wife (who had a tear in her eyes listening to it) and we were both wondering what the back story might have been, but would not be so bold as to ask ... I think it was quite generous of Don to share his story ...

And the 'back story' always tells the tale ...

#462636 - 12/06/18 09:37 AM Re: Original Christmas Song [Re: DonM]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Don, Fantastic song, well done as all of your songs are. Thank you for sharing it and the back story.

#462637 - 12/06/18 09:52 AM Re: Original Christmas Song [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Don and chas ... I hope I wasn't mis-interpreted ... I listened to the song with my wife (who had a tear in her eyes listening to it) and we were both wondering what the back story might have been, but would not be so bold as to ask ... I think it was quite generous of Don to share his story ...

And the 'back story' always tells the tale ...

Oh no, I didn't think you meant it in a negative way! Thank you for the wonderful comments and telling me it caused you to feel the message, even though it was a sad one.

#462641 - 12/06/18 10:08 AM Re: Original Christmas Song [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Enjoyed this one, Don...

but I always enjoy just about anything you do. It does deserve to be "pitched"... but probably not Nashville now. LOL!

B-T-W... July is usually the best month for "pitching" Christmas Songs.

Love the way you play that "keytar!"

Did you get to watch any of Bush I's funeral yesterday? Pretty impressive service.

Merry Christmas, ----Dave

#462642 - 12/06/18 10:16 AM Re: Original Christmas Song [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Ok, Don, good ... Everyone has lost someone, and especially during the Holidays, the memories bring both tears and joy ...

As for the song itself, it is definitely 'hit' material ...
Of course you do an excellent job with it, but I could also hear Willie and Trigger doing this song ...

Edited by tony mads usa (12/06/18 10:17 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online