SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#462507 - 12/02/18 03:49 PM OOT:Save the Music ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I know my GIANTS are having a bad season, but today they wore cleats representing the causes they support ... One of the linebackers, Lorenzo Carter wore cleats supporting the 'Save the Music' campaign.
"As a musician, I play the cello and tuba, I am passionate about helping to build and sustain music programs in schools – that is what Save The Music Foundation strives to do. The Foundation provides donations and funding to keep music programs afloat in schools instead of having them cut and eliminated."

www.vh1savethemusic.org

#462509 - 12/02/18 03:57 PM Re: OOT:Save the Music ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Wonderful Tony. I just donated $25. Just a token; more an expression of support.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown smile. Glad you posted this and yes, it's relevant....not only to this forum but every musician's forum.

Given the state of the Eagles (and let's not mention my other team, the Falcons), I can't even razz you about your Giants smile.

chas

Edited by cgiles (12/02/18 03:59 PM)

#462515 - 12/02/18 06:53 PM Re: OOT:Save the Music ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
A very worthy cause and worth a donation for sure. A very Patriotic cause on or off the field. smile

#462527 - 12/03/18 05:56 AM Re: OOT:Save the Music ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Music education and the history of music are so much more important than today's "educators" realize. To be able to learn the discipline required to make music... and to achieve the point where the discipline can be ignored... ranks nearly as important as the Three "R's" and History of the World.

What I would give to own a "time machine" and be able to return to my formulative years... and take Piano lessons. Not for the purpose of being noted or famous... simply to be able to soothe my troubled soul in times when nothing but music can provide healing.

Don't forget, these are the people (educators) who have taken cursive writing from the curriculum of our young minds. If one cannot read the letters of the past, written in cursive, how can our history be preserved without the generosity of someone willing to translate and type it into modern text?

Thanks, Tony. This is so important. ----Dave Rice

#462530 - 12/03/18 07:31 AM Re: OOT:Save the Music ... [Re: Riceroni9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Riceroni9

Don't forget, these are the people (educators) who have taken cursive writing from the curriculum of our young minds. If one cannot read the letters of the past, written in cursive, how can our history be preserved without the generosity of someone willing to translate and type it into modern text?
Thanks, Tony. This is so important. ----Dave Rice

Very good point, Dave ... how does one 'sign' a contract? ... pretty soon we will be back to putting an X on the signature line ... frown

#462531 - 12/03/18 10:10 AM Re: OOT:Save the Music ... [Re: tony mads usa]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Today's lessons are about the value of the future..legacy and nostalgia seem to have no place in education or the minds of today's youth..those things are for the old fogeys brigade.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online