SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#462281 - 11/27/18 01:26 PM Re: Off the wall idea. [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There's a huge difference between leaving gear in a nite club or restaurant lounge, than leaving it in an activities room of a nursing home.

Good luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#462335 - 11/28/18 08:18 AM Re: Off the wall idea. [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Tx for the comments all.

First off, theft is a low concern here...maybe due to a freezing cold, freeze your a... off climate.

I haven’t approached anyone yet. Part of the reason is that, entertainment for residents, is just not that big a deal here. No big deal if you don’t show up to do a gig...at least ask AD’s.

A while back, before a gig, I sat playing on(what I consider a pretty useless Clavinova used only for demos)..to kill some time before I could set up. I played some hymns. Very basic left hand and simple melodies. I could do a lot more with arranger functions.

Residents started gathering just to enjoy the music. They do enjoy the music...wish AD’s understood that.

That gave me the idea of a keyboard/piano.

No, I wouldn’t do it for free.

#462336 - 11/28/18 08:46 AM Re: Off the wall idea. [Re: guitpic1]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Maybe it would be a good challenge for you to just play on what they have. It's a great thing to not to have to rely on auto-accompaniment. You sing too, right? With a nice vocal a simple accompaniment, your set! If the crowd is small, you really don't even need a mic/speaker. I've been told by more than one AD, that they actually prefer "acoustic" entertainers.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online