SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#462079 - 11/23/18 07:18 AM A Whole New World with a DX-7 sound!
BradgeMusicTube Offline

Played around with a DX-7 preset on this old keyboard and was inspired to play this Aladdin tune!

#462110 - 11/23/18 04:32 PM Re: A Whole New World with a DX-7 sound! [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I like turning off the auto accompaniment too. Just out of curiosity, May I ask how you learn your songs? Sheet music, lead sheets, by ear? No reason, just curious...

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#462112 - 11/23/18 04:51 PM Re: A Whole New World with a DX-7 sound! [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
That's actually not a bad sounding EP at all! It's quiet playable.

#462114 - 11/23/18 05:12 PM Re: A Whole New World with a DX-7 sound! [Re: montunoman]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
I like turning off the auto accompaniment too. Just out of curiosity, May I ask how you learn your songs? Sheet music, lead sheets, by ear? No reason, just curious...

It's a greta way of playing!
I play by ear. Can't read sheet music or any other form of notation but my ears are quite good as well so i never actually needed the sheets..

#462115 - 11/23/18 05:13 PM Re: A Whole New World with a DX-7 sound! [Re: SAM CA]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

Originally Posted By SAM CA

Exactly, not bad for a 20 year old keyboard

#462133 - 11/24/18 08:11 AM Re: A Whole New World with a DX-7 sound! [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By BradgeMusicTube

Love the DX sound it is in so many hit songs a true classic...
secondly this shows you that many sounds in today's keyboards are not that much better then the sounds of yesteryea,r....think about that when you drop 5k on the latest and greatest surprised ......just sayin"
Great demo thanx for sharing More More!

#462152 - 11/24/18 12:38 PM Re: A Whole New World with a DX-7 sound! [Re: Dnj]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
I've been playing with dexed a very good dx7 librarian that is also a good vst for playing dx sounds. I got for handling the thousands of patches available for my tx7 but thinking I may not have to worry with the tx at all as it produces the sounds. I am amazed at the sounds available on my 3000 but with the addition of vst's I have really unlimited sounds and most of them are really great!

#462160 - 11/24/18 07:04 PM Re: A Whole New World with a DX-7 sound! [Re: Dnj]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By BradgeMusicTube

Love the DX sound it is in so many hit songs a true classic...
secondly this shows you that many sounds in today's keyboards are not that much better then the sounds of yesteryea,r....think about that when you drop 5k on the latest and greatest surprised ......just sayin"
Great demo thanx for sharing More More!

I think that when it comes to dropping 5K for a genos, that it's more off the overall experience, better sounds, more polyphony, better (much better) styles, and much better overall user experience.

The PSR-GX76 (PSR-282) is a great keyboard still, but it sounds dated and although it plays really well it just misses something.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online