SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#462113 - 11/23/18 04:59 PM Free Salamander Grand Piano for Korg Pa & Kronos
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Salamander Grand is basically a free creative common library. John (Reuben) had already created a soundset for the Pa series a while ago:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113029&start=0

Few days ago, Anthony Sharmman released an optimized version for Kronos as well. Here's the free download link: (Very first post)

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=116722&start=0

Demo:

#462117 - 11/23/18 10:08 PM Re: Free Salamander Grand Piano for Korg Pa & Kronos [Re: SAM CA]
Bachus Offline

I can understand its use for the pa series..
There is room for a 3rd grand next to

But on Kronos i allready have 5 geand pianos, 3 build in standard
And even tough its a lovely piano, i dont see me using it much

But for pa series its a lovely addition if you mainly use it for piano

http://keyszone.boards.net

#462119 - 11/23/18 10:48 PM Re: Free Salamander Grand Piano for Korg Pa & Kronos [Re: SAM CA]
SAM CA Offline

Piano junkies can never have enough pianos. It's just one of those things. This IS a very good piano...probably the best free piano there is. If Piano wasn't my thing, I wouldn't load it either.

#462120 - 11/24/18 12:44 AM Re: Free Salamander Grand Piano for Korg Pa & Kronos [Re: SAM CA]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By SAM CA
Piano junkies can never have enough pianos. It's just one of those things. This IS a very good piano...probably the best free piano there is. If Piano wasn't my thing, I wouldn't load it either.

that would be true..

But then there is no reason for a piano junk not to move into VST's these days. if you really want as much diversity in acoustic grand piano's that is the way..

I agree with you on the quallity of the Salamander piano..
Its one of the best free grand piano's for any source..

Espescially for PA4x, where you allready have a STeinway and a Fazioli, a Yamaha C5 works well in the mix..

For the Kronos, it sadly does not use the SGX2 engine, and misses out on string resonance and damper resonance features from that engine.. which in my book makes the piano sounds just that little bit more realistic then the standard sampled piano's. If i am correct however the SGX2 engine is Korg propriety, and can not be used to load 3rd party samples.

But for collectional vallue, i need to admit, the Yamaha C5 is not covered by any of the current EX piano packs. The Japanese grand in the Kronos is a Yamaha C7.

#462141 - 11/24/18 10:55 AM Re: Free Salamander Grand Piano for Korg Pa & Kronos [Re: Bachus]
SAM CA Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

that would be true..

But then there is no reason for a piano junk not to move into VST's these days. if you really want as much diversity in acoustic grand piano's that is the way..

Espescially for PA4x, where you allready have a STeinway and a Fazioli, a Yamaha C5 works well in the mix..

For the Kronos, it sadly does not use the SGX2 engine, and misses out on string resonance and damper resonance features from that engine.. which in my book makes the piano sounds just that little bit more realistic then the standard sampled piano's. If i am correct however the SGX2 engine is Korg propriety, and can not be used to load 3rd party samples.

But for collectional vallue, i need to admit, the Yamaha C5 is not covered by any of the current EX piano packs. The Japanese grand in the Kronos is a Yamaha C7.

Who said pianists don't own Piano sample libraries! That's a whole different thing not to be confused with Salamander Pianos or any Piano library that runs natively on a keyboard. Totally separate topics. The idea here is that a user gets to load this library on a Kronos and use it without needing a computer.

That's not to say you can't edit a computer based sample library and come up with a Kronos compatible package, but that would be illegal to share.

#462144 - 11/24/18 11:11 AM Re: Free Salamander Grand Piano for Korg Pa & Kronos [Re: SAM CA]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

that would be true..

Who said pianists don't own Piano sample libraries! That's a whole different thing not to be confused with Salamander Pianos or any Piano library that runs natively on a keyboard. Totally separate topics. The idea here is that a user gets to load this library on a Kronos and use it without needing a computer.

That's not to say you can't edit a computer based sample library and come up with a Kronos compatible package, but that would be illegal to share.

I disagree that its a whole different thing..
Just hook up youe mac with mainstage to your keyboard..and you are ready to go..
With many keyboards being an audio usb interface these days, i think its a thin line...

#462150 - 11/24/18 12:11 PM Re: Free Salamander Grand Piano for Korg Pa & Kronos [Re: SAM CA]
SAM CA Offline

That is a whole different topic Bachus! That requires an additional device. This post is strictly about a free soundset that runs natively on a keyboard. That's the main purpose of all EXs libraries. To use the keyboard as a standalone instrument. I don't know how else to put it!

Edited by SAM CA (11/24/18 12:12 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online