SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#462074 - 11/23/18 04:57 AM Re: JBL Eon 1 w/Free transporter bag Sale [Re: Stephenm52]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Anyone using the JBL Eon Ones that have used the Bose Compact and/or Maui LD5s. How does the JBL compare to the Bose or Maui?

I had two Bose Compacts/now two Bose S1’s.

Both systems are good. I like the sound of the S1’s over the Compacts. I use the S1’s when I go out by myself...easier for me to transport than the JBL Eon One.

The Eon One goes out when my wife and I gig...no need for a mixer.

The Eon One has a warm, wonderful sound. It’s abit bulky for me to transport. You may want to consider the transport bag as well....for easier transport.

Edited by guitpic1 (11/23/18 05:09 AM)

#462076 - 11/23/18 05:41 AM Re: JBL Eon 1 w/Free transporter bag Sale [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Anyone using the JBL Eon Ones that have used the Bose Compact and/or Maui LD5s. How does the JBL compare to the Bose or Maui?

I had two Bose Compacts/now two Bose S1’s.

Both systems are good. I like the sound of the S1’s over the Compacts. I use the S1’s when I go out by myself...easier for me to transport than the JBL Eon One.

The Eon One goes out when my wife and I gig...no need for a mixer.

The Eon One has a warm, wonderful sound. It’s abit bulky for me to transport. You may want to consider the transport bag as well....for easier transport.

Using TWO JBL Eon ones is pure Bliss.

#462078 - 11/23/18 07:13 AM Re: JBL Eon 1 w/Free transporter bag Sale [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Re: two JBL’s = bliss.

I’m guessing you’re right. However, one is almost too bulky for me to handle.

#462080 - 11/23/18 07:36 AM Re: JBL Eon 1 w/Free transporter bag Sale [Re: guitpic1]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Re: two JBL’s = bliss.

I’m guessing you’re right. However, one is almost too bulky for me to handle.

The free transporter cases with wheels (self contained package) make them much easier to transport.

No problem for Steve. He's is in great shape. smile

Jerryghr

Attachments
case.jpg

Edited by Jerryghr (11/23/18 07:36 AM)

#462084 - 11/23/18 08:38 AM Re: JBL Eon 1 w/Free transporter bag Sale [Re: Jerryghr]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey guys that are using two units in stereo.... As with any array unit with wide angle sound, what about sound cancellation? Yes it will have some with overlay of waves.. You may not notice it , but it will be there.

#462086 - 11/23/18 08:44 AM Re: JBL Eon 1 w/Free transporter bag Sale [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Hey guys that are using two units in stereo.... As with any array unit with wide angle sound, what about sound cancellation? Yes it will have some with overlay of waves.. You may not notice it , but it will be there.

No one has ever noticed any cancellation, including me. Of course there won't be where I'm sitting!
I went from two BIG Boses, to two Compacts. Then to two Maui 5s. Now have FOUR Maui 5s, and I plan to hook them all up at the same time some day, just because. smile

#462089 - 11/23/18 09:07 AM Re: JBL Eon 1 w/Free transporter bag Sale [Re: Jerryghr]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I would think the units running in mono with exact sound would yield sound cancellation more than in stereo.. I think if you polled users of the Bose that were critical about the sound , they will tell you it is there.... Maybe not critical in most venues. It is not that the sound is muted across the board but frequencies are missing that leave holes in the sound overall. Array was designed to have coverage in mono
and isolated to designated areas.

#462090 - 11/23/18 09:21 AM Re: JBL Eon 1 w/Free transporter bag Sale [Re: Jerryghr]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I can only speak from experience. For years I used conventional speakers in stereo and did have to be careful about noise cancellation. Since going to the line array systems it has not been a problem for me at all.

#462091 - 11/23/18 09:26 AM Re: JBL Eon 1 w/Free transporter bag Sale [Re: DonM]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I have not noticed any cancellation in my setups either. Could be the Eon speakers are arranged differently.

Regards,

Jerryghr

Attachments
array.jpg

#462097 - 11/23/18 12:02 PM Re: JBL Eon 1 w/Free transporter bag Sale [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

NO cancelation at all...
Stereo always!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online