SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46192 - 08/28/03 12:35 AM Overall Touch Sensivity
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
exploring the many features of my KN7 I arrived at Overall Touch sensivity and noticed that changing the settings of Curve and Treshold does not bring me the effect that I like. The effect of After Touch sounds too strong and abrubt, independant of settings.
i am curious about the experience of other forummembers on this point. Do you use this feature and if so, what are your settings?
Looking forward to a lot of response,
Bert

#46193 - 09/01/03 01:59 AM Re: Overall Touch Sensivity
Bert Aarts Offline

No replies????

#46194 - 09/01/03 03:32 AM Re: Overall Touch Sensivity
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[changing the settings of Curve and Treshold does not bring me the effect that I like.

I Bert, I would like to help you, but;

1-Which instrument are you referring to.
2-You may have to edit the sound of the instrument you are using, then use Touch Sense, Curve, and Threshold.
3-Most of all, what we hear is so subjective. What I love, you may dislike.

I need more info to help.

Take care, John C.

#46195 - 09/01/03 05:35 AM Re: Overall Touch Sensivity
Bert Aarts Offline

Hi John,
Thans for your reply.
The Overall Touch Sensivity is a general setting, not individual for each instrument. Am I correct?
The After Touch effect can best be heard at non-percussion instruments like strings, sax etc. If I push a key and increase pressure the volume of the sounds increases too strong and abrubt and there is no setting of curve and treshold that suits my preference, except switching off.
Of course this is subjective, that is why I like to know the settings of others.
Bert

#46196 - 09/01/03 06:23 AM Re: Overall Touch Sensivity
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Bert
Yes, the settings apply to all instruments. The problem is that different instruments will produce different effects. It may be possible to achieve what you want for an individual sound by doing the following:-Program Menu>Sound Edit>Controller>After Touch - then reducing the depth setting. Personally, I don't use after touch.
I prefer to edit a sound (such as violin) to produce a delayed vibrato.
John

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online