SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#461638 - 11/15/18 09:31 AM Re: Roland RD2000 [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Originally Posted By Dnj
Sometimes players are never totally happy with their gear no mater what it is.Meanwhile life goes on and so does playing & creating music just as good as always.

You’re right...some folks do change gear quite often.

😊

There is a big difference in "changing gear" and a Buying & Hoarding Gear disease for no reason only to take up closet space and hardly never use it ever. My closet is clean as a whistle. wink
....just sayin.. cool2

That said I am blown away by the ROLAND BK9 in so many ways.

#461646 - 11/15/18 10:52 AM Re: Roland RD2000 [Re: ianmcnll]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By ianmcnll
.... Personally, nowadays, I'd prefer 88 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch...semi-weight would give enough "action" for piano/electric piano pieces, yet work well with organ and synth/strings/brass voices...plus it would give lots of room for zoning.

Know of anything like that?
Ian
When I tried out the RD2000 and FP90 at NAMM, I really liked both of them. The RD2000 is a serious stage piano with tons of pro features, but 47 LBS and 52 LBS for the FP90 are too much for my gig needs. Besides, I don't need all the features. The same year at NAMM I tried out the Numa Compact 2. I thought the semi-weight keyboard were good enough to play piano pieces (when you play fast ragtime stuff, you do need the resistance) yet light enough for organ playing. Now there is the Numa Compact 2x with 9 drawbars, aftertouch, audio/MIDI over USB, built-in speakers, 15.5 LBS, and priced at $699. It seems to have a lot going for it. I am eagerly waiting for mine to arrive.

Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#461650 - 11/15/18 11:13 AM Re: Roland RD2000 [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Originally Posted By Dnj
Sometimes players are never totally happy with their gear no mater what it is.Meanwhile life goes on and so does playing & creating music just as good as always.

You’re right...some folks do change gear quite often.

😊

Not guilty of that the past 2 years been using the same setup..
Which is extremely long for a gearjunky like me..

I've had the same setup since 2011, adding only the PSR-S775. If I need 88 weighted keys, I have access to a nice Yamaha CP4 digital piano, but, since focusing on the arranger I rarely have the need...all my recording is done on the instruments...I don't use computer DAW or VST's...the less jiggin' around with the recording process, the more 'life' ends up in the music.

It's not for everyone, but it works for me.

Bachus, I think it's great that SZ'ers are swapping/buying gear...however, maybe it's just me, but I find most (there are some exceptions) end up sounding nearly exactly the same (especially the vocalists)...they, again, not all, tend to try and make the new instrument sound pretty much like the old one ("old" being a relative term around this place) and midi files (and styles as well) are still midi files, custom or not...unless the performer/entertainer does some updating, editing/revoicing, the tunes will sound basically the same (of course, some may actually want that to happen)...maybe a new kit of more 'real' sounding drum kits, but hey, the 'old' drums managed to get everyone on the dance floor at last New Year's rip...ah well, it's all in fun, isn't it? wink

It's -18 C here...so if I sound a little "ranty"...that's my excuse, and I'm stickin' to it.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online