SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#461483 - 11/13/18 03:04 PM Re: Just auditioned more than 100 Genos styles... [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Ian, Good got see you posting.

#461487 - 11/13/18 04:32 PM Re: Just auditioned more than 100 Genos styles... [Re: ianmcnll]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Ian

Glad to hear you are doing better now. I was concerned for you.

Scott

#461488 - 11/13/18 05:28 PM Re: Just auditioned more than 100 Genos styles... [Re: Scott Langholff]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Hi, Ian ... sorry to hear that you had some problems ... it is good to know that you are around ... please join us more often - we could use some sanity around here ... wink

#461489 - 11/13/18 05:49 PM Re: Just auditioned more than 100 Genos styles... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Now all we need is Scott Yee and Diki to return!
Ian don't be a stranger.

#461490 - 11/13/18 06:02 PM Re: Just auditioned more than 100 Genos styles... [Re: Scott Langholff]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
Hi Ian

Glad to hear you are doing better now. I was concerned for you.

Scott

Thanks Scott, and thanks to Steve and Sparky. After considerable research, I bought myself a PSR-S775 and it really sparked (or re-sparked) my interest...it is an amazingly powerful instrument...it has some cool features not on my Tyros4, and it has the SA organs, and SA Guitars...very nice. Programmable "Live" knobs for controlling filter/resonance and effects...Audio and MIDI recorders...even a half-bar fill for those pesky time signature surprises.

I love the light fast action....I missed it...I did much of my instrumental recordings on PSR instruments...I felt they were sort of the underdogs compared to Genos and Tyros, so I really worked hard to bring out what I thought was the best in them.

This one is the same...I've been immersed in it for the past several days...it will be my "jam session" instrument, and the built in speakers are a great asset. It even has a mic/guitar input (with effects) so it is a very nice and complete package indeed.

I still have the Tyros4 set up, and, the stuff I do on the PSR should work in it as well; so, I'm done with getting gear...with so much programmabilty at my disposal, it just is no longer necessary.

Thankfully!

Ian

#461491 - 11/13/18 06:22 PM Re: Just auditioned more than 100 Genos styles... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Congrats on your s775.... Didn't see it on your signature.... Have fun!

#461494 - 11/13/18 06:39 PM Re: Just auditioned more than 100 Genos styles... [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Donny...the reason I bought it was to have "fun"...as Willie Nelson so aptly put it..."The life I love is makin' music with my friends." It shouldn't be work at this point in my life...I guess that's why they call it "playing"...that's my plan.

I've been sitting so long playing/exploring this new keyboard I'm going to end up with two flat spots on my arse...ha ha!

Ian

#461504 - 11/14/18 01:55 AM Re: Just auditioned more than 100 Genos styles... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Ian
Good to see you posting, old friend. I remember when I first got my s970, you were kind enough to send me a bunch of great styles. As for Yamaha psr's being the underdog, I kind of let my s970 slide the the end of the line compared to my Pa4x and Audya 76. All of this talk about the Genos styles for the little brothers got my attention, so I downloaded them. I have to say that they are marvelous, knowing the Genos itself would sound even better. This, however, reminded me of the old days when I thought my sounds were great, but, alas, not compared to today. Well, since I don't have a Genos to compare, I am having a ball using these styles for my core songs with great results.

As for Yamaha, my wife prefers the Yamaha for it's pretty styles and leads. She has a point in that, for many occasions, the audience doesn't necessarily have to have driving drums and bass to appreciate what you are playing; much to the contrary. With light weight, built in speakers, and new styles. I have taken my s970 out from the bottom of the toy box.

#461505 - 11/14/18 03:21 AM Re: Just auditioned more than 100 Genos styles... [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Ian, a name from the past. Good to see you posting. Hope all is well.

“Thanks Donny...the reason I bought it was to have "fun"...as Willie Nelson so aptly put it..."The life I love is makin' music with my friends." It shouldn't be work at this point in my life...I guess that's why they call it "playing"...that's my plan.”

I could not have said the above better --- refreshing. It is time to have fun with our playing.

Gary, ya did it again. Helping others is such a big part of you. Thanks my friend.
John C.

#461506 - 11/14/18 03:34 AM Re: Just auditioned more than 100 Genos styles... [Re: travlin'easy]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
+1 to all the greetings and good wishes for you Ian.
Great to see you active at forum again.
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online