Originally Posted By Henni
Bachus,

You are either confused or you do not understand the Launch Pads properly. You cannot come even close using the Genos to achieve the same results. Can you get a wav file to follow tempo and chord changes? Can you use parts of existing styles to build up a scene without editing the style as such? can you play a midi, wav file, other audio tracks, all following the tempo and chord changes? Can you seamlessly put all of this together with intros/endings and 6 scenes (variations) that could be played live as a style?

Please be so kind as to demonstrate in an video recording so we all could understand. Maybe you will enlighten the rest of us simpletons...

Better still, you have heard the results of the above on the SD series. Post us an MP3 file showing something similar achieved on the Genos, played LIVE that is!

We are looking forward in great anticipation to hearing something similar to this:

https://youtu.be/rJ5Kehsw-5o

Problem arises..

I don’t own a Genos..

But except for the audio parts, i am pretty sure most of this can be done on any yamaha key.... as long as you recognise that a scene is actually the same as a performance memmory.. and on yamaha you can play the sequencer and a style at the same time..

Just set the sequencer in the performance memmory to keep repeating the part between 2 pointers and you have a loop...

The only thing missing is retriggering... but you can use the mute buttons in the channel delection screen of genos to play or mute sequencer tracks/style tracks

I cant find a picture, but this video shows the channel selection screen og genos a few times...

As said, the interface is much less intuitive... but it will work...
Just the midi parts offcourse... but then there is not much that the Genos can not do with midi.. the audio part is still Ketrons teritority..

But you underestimate what todays keyboards are capable of with some creative use.

Edited by Bachus (11/10/18 11:34 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net