SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46112 - 06/21/02 07:46 AM An Appreciative Aussie.
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Just a note of appreciation to all the wonderfully talented musicians sharing their talents and knowledge with us on Bebop's 20 for 1 song project. As a new owner of a 6500 I am learning so much from all of you. I will never reach your standard, but it makes my day when I see a message from Bebop that another Volume is ready to download and i can't get to the keyboard fast enough to hear all your contributions.I am amazed at what you can do with this keyboard and your songs inspire me to more practice.
I have just sat for my half yearly song- writing exam and hope I've passed. I didn't quite finish the paper. I suggested that they give students over 70 years of age an extra half hour but they wouldn't come at that, Its a bit hard trying to keep up with all these bright 20 year olds.Cheers Jean.

#46113 - 06/21/02 10:36 AM Re: An Appreciative Aussie.
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Hi Jean,
I was stationed with RAAF personnel for 2.1/2 years, so,

Good on you Blue!!!! Walter

#46114 - 06/23/02 11:57 PM Re: An Appreciative Aussie.
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I see Jean Olivia is even from my own home town Melbourne. While I haven't been back for 4 years it is always great to see musicians from there participating in the forums.

#46115 - 06/24/02 07:15 AM Re: An Appreciative Aussie.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI Jean and Nigel
We have a number of people from there that are members that I hear from regularly by email also. Chap Named Bill Johnson has a sort of club there that several belong to including Jean and he sends me updates on what they are doing or working on. We have other members in New Zeeland.
We are thinking about our cruise for next year possibly going to New Zeeland, Australia and TASMANIA, and may just get to visit all of you there.
Bebop

#46116 - 06/24/02 07:34 AM Re: An Appreciative Aussie.
Jean Olivia Offline

BEBOP and NIGEL. When I bought my 6500 I was given a year's membership to a local organ club, I went along and found eight members had 6500s and we plan to meet monthly to compare notes.We are all at varying stages- some play by ear.When you come over Bill we will throw a party. Nigel. Melbourne has changed over the last 4 years with so many international events being held here - its a great place and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.Cheers. Jean.

#46117 - 06/24/02 07:49 PM Re: An Appreciative Aussie.
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Another note of appreciation from an Aussie, this time from just outside Brisbane in Queensland. The contributors to this forum have helped me greatly in developing my skills and repertoire for my KN6000.

If any of you come this way, just drop me a line.

Regards,
Mike

#46118 - 06/24/02 09:15 PM Re: An Appreciative Aussie.
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello all my Aussie and New Zealand buddies from the other side of the world! I didn't realize so many of you were from there, just reading your posts and getting more familiar with your names on the Forum. Anyway, I,too, have a KN 6500 and I LOVE it! I am a very amateur player/musician--cannot sight read music but play mostly by ear. I am now studying some music theory with a local organ group and learning so much about chord formation, etc., the things I do by ear and never knew why I was doing it! I compose a lot of pop songs (both music and lyrics)--(the Frank Sinatra/Rosemary Clooney, etc. 40's and 50's era type of REAL music--not the noise that passes for "music" with today's young people--hope I am not offending any of you who may be youngsters here on the Forum!!) Anyway, Jean, what is the music writing group that gave you a test? (Just curious!) I echo the sentiments that the 20 for 1 songs have been wonderful. (I did contribute one to Vol. 7, I believe, Jerome Kern's "They Didn't Believe Me"). What I especially like is that, after thoroughly enjoying the music, you can turn off the "Play" button and the registrations remain and then I can use them to compose or play other songs. What fun! Didn't mean to be so verbose but you seem like friends that are so easy to chat with and we DO have this wonderful music in common at least. Thanks for listening, Forum buddies from everywhere! (By the way, I a retired University professor in Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.A., speak, English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and now Technicsese (somewhat! ). Gotta run. Keep up the great Forum posts!

Ted Rose

#46119 - 06/24/02 09:19 PM Re: An Appreciative Aussie.
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
By the way, fair dinkum!!!!
(Whatever does that mean anyway????)

Ted Rose (again)

#46120 - 06/25/02 12:00 AM Re: An Appreciative Aussie.
Jean Olivia Offline

Ted. Everyone knows that if you are fair dinkum you must be dinky die!!! I am having my two grandsons visit me next week-aged 7 and 9. Both were born in Dumfriies Scotland and have the local accent. We cant understand each other very well on the phone and the eldest one said he hopes he can understand me better when he watches my face because i "talk in a most peculiar way".
Strike a light!! Its him that talks funny, not me. Fair Dinkum!!

#46121 - 06/27/02 02:53 AM Re: An Appreciative Aussie.
Jean Olivia Offline

Ted.I'm sorry. I didn't answer your question relating to my exams.
I realised that I would never make very fast progress with only a weekly lesson from a private teacher so last year i enrolled in a Tafe Tertiary Course and am studying selected subjects. It has certainly opened up the learning process for me and I am enjoying it immensely. Jazz harmony, song writing,computer notation and Aural are my subjects so far. All helpful stuff and also keeps the brain from going rusty. Cheers Jean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online