SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#460984 - 11/05/18 01:45 PM Piano Preformance Case WOW
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
https://www.jordanlakedesign.com

You have to check this out. One of the best new keyboard products I've seen in a long time. All in one keyboard solution.

#460985 - 11/05/18 01:52 PM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Very cool item cool

#460986 - 11/05/18 01:54 PM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Nice design but that thing is huge! surprised

Edited by Dnj (11/05/18 03:08 PM)

#460988 - 11/05/18 02:37 PM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Dnj]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
No mention of it’s weight? Or did I miss it?

#460994 - 11/05/18 03:45 PM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

No weight or price but I just thought it really looked good. Looks like the guy is just starting out. Hope its not back to the days of moving a Rhodes.

#460998 - 11/05/18 04:17 PM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

And why do you want to be concealed and then the audience can't even see your hands playing? ...
never got that concept with these fake piano shells..
your not fooling anyone on stage coffee

But on the other hand using it in your home is another story and can definitely be a very decorative piece cool2 .....would like to see a Black woodgrain design also..

Edited by Dnj (11/06/18 07:27 AM)

#461009 - 11/06/18 01:58 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Good point Donny. As great as this looks, showing both hands active on the keyboard is the only way I have of showing people that I am really playing.

#461013 - 11/06/18 04:53 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I think it's really cool. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I lived in an apartment and didn't like the looks of a 'conventional' setup in the public part of my living space. I think the design consideration was 'aesthetics', not whether or not someone can see your hands. Besides, it's not something I'd want to gig with anyway, unless it was a semi-permanent or 'house' gig. As Donny always says (but doesn't always mean smile ), you've got to be open to new ideas. Right, Donny? smile smile

As Steve said, "Very cool".

chas

#461018 - 11/06/18 05:31 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I think it's really cool. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I lived in an apartment and didn't like the looks of a 'conventional' setup in the public part of my living space. I think the design consideration was 'aesthetics', not whether or not someone can see your hands. Besides, it's not something I'd want to gig with anyway, unless it was a semi-permanent or 'house' gig. As Donny always says (but doesn't always mean smile ), you've got to be open to new ideas. Right, Donny? smile smile

As Steve said, "Very cool".

chas

Chas a piano shell to "hide what your doing" from the audience isn't something new! eek2 if you want a piano buy a piano I say..

#461022 - 11/06/18 06:37 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
cgiles Offline

Donny, for someone who seems to have two opinions for every one subject, I would be very cautious about taking your advice about ANYthing. BUT..don't stop giving them, not that you ever would smile. We especially value your opinion on which keyboard to buy....NOT!

chas

#461023 - 11/06/18 06:49 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yes, that would look great for a keyboard in a living room, or if you're lucky enough to have a steady house gig where your equipment is always set up on the same stage, or if you got a crew of stage hands to move your gear.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#461025 - 11/06/18 06:51 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Donny, for someone who seems to have two opinions for every one subject, I would be very cautious about taking your advice about ANYthing. BUT..don't stop giving them, not that you ever would smile. We especially value your opinion on which keyboard to buy....NOT!

chas

Chas I always respect your opinion although I rarely ever agree with you...but I gotta run and vote now there's a
RED Wave coming today.just sayin'..

Edited by Dnj (11/06/18 07:03 AM)

#461028 - 11/06/18 07:00 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
cgiles Offline

Although I know you're just trying to bait me with the 'Red Wave' thing, don't waste your time. I was already pretty sure about where you stood in the political spectrum (and I won't turn this into a political debate). To me, what's important is that you vote; who you vote for is strictly your business.

chas

#461029 - 11/06/18 07:04 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

To me, what's important is that you vote; who you vote for is strictly your business.
chas

Well Chas that's something I can agree with you on.

#461036 - 11/06/18 08:27 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

Chas I always respect your opinion although I rarely ever agree with you...but I gotta run and vote now there's a

Although I know you're just trying to bait me with the 'Red Wave' thing, don't waste your time. I was already pretty sure about where you stood in the political spectrum (and I won't turn this into a political debate). To me, what's important is that you vote; who you vote for is strictly your business.
chas

Red wave, Blue wave doesn't mean anything to me ... I only care about the Red, White and Blue wave ... Personally, I think it's about time we started voting for PEOPLE, not 'parties' ... There are at least 4 people on our local ballots that I have voted for in the past but who WILL NOT get my vote this year! ...

But back to the OP ... this is a beautiful 'piece of furniture' ... It's different, but it kind of reminds me of when Yamaha first came out with the Electric Baby Grand ... jeez - when WAS that ? in the mid - late 70's ???

A friend of mine had a similar case, but not as pretty, attached to a homemade rolling KB stand that he put in his van via a winch that ran off his car battery ... held speaker, mic stand, etc. all hooked up and ready to go ...

Attachments
Yamaha Electric Baby Grand.jpg

#461042 - 11/06/18 09:12 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Red wave, Blue wave doesn't mean anything to me ... I only care about the Red, White and Blue wave ... Personally, I think it's about time we started voting for PEOPLE, not 'parties' ...

Geez Tony, IF ONLY THERE WERE MORE OF YOU. Sadly, we've arrived at a place where social and cultural issues seem to override common sense. Seems we now prefer a nation divided to a nation united. Even the old standby, SPORTS (mainly football and basketball) will no longer do the job; apparently because it's played mostly by 'unpatriotic thugs' and low IQ dummies that just need to "shut up and dribble". But not to worry; clearly we're on track to 'MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN'.....just as soon as those 15,000 brave troops take care of those 2-3000 (mostly women and children, all of whom are either mid-east terrorist or MS-13 gang members ALLEGEDLY) asylum-seeking low lifes who are hell-bent on taking our jobs and skewing the vote....right.

If I'm lucky, I'll be dead before the full impact of the current trend and direction of this country is felt. But back on topic, yeah, nice stand.

chas

#461043 - 11/06/18 09:25 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

chas

Red wave, Blue wave doesn't mean anything to me ... I only care about the Red, White and Blue wave ... Personally, I think it's about time we started voting for PEOPLE, not 'parties' ... There are at least 4 people on our local ballots that I have voted for in the past but who WILL NOT get my vote this year! ...

But back to the OP ... this is a beautiful 'piece of furniture' ... It's different, but it kind of reminds me of when Yamaha first came out with the Electric Baby Grand ... jeez - when WAS that ? in the mid - late 70's ???

A friend of mine had a similar case, but not as pretty, attached to a homemade rolling KB stand that he put in his van via a winch that ran off his car battery ... held speaker, mic stand, etc. all hooked up and ready to go ...

Wow I remember that Yammie grand at the time I would have loved to own one.

I’m with you Tony, Red, White and Blue. It’s been years since I voted for a party I’ve always voted for the candidate/person.

#461049 - 11/06/18 11:03 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Don
Thank you for a common sense approach to voting. Vote and vote for the best person not the party !!! Think for yourself and forget the waves.

Back to the piano case. Funny thing about seeing your hands. I don't think it really matters that much. WHY ?? The hotest act going around here is a dueling pianos show. They use home built but very nice piano shells to hide their digitals and set up at a 45 degree angle with the ends of the pianos pointing toward to the audience . No mirror behind tham so you don't see the keys at all. People watch them sing and BS and its doing very very well.
The firs time I saw a Kareoke act was when a friend told me about a good
piano / player singer at a local restaurant. Went to hear him and there he is behind what looked like a spinit piano with a black tablecloth hung over the front. In about 2 minutes I knew he wasn't playing a piano. When he took a break I walked around the side of him to se what magic keyboard he had to make all that music to back his singing. You couldn't see anything but him from the bar or tables .
He had a drink, an ashtray and a CD player ! The people liked him and the owner bragged to us "he can play anything" He was There 4 nights a week for a few years. sure did open my eyes that night !

#461050 - 11/06/18 11:04 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52

I’m with you Tony, Red, White and Blue. It’s been years since I voted for a party I’ve always voted for the candidate/person.

Too bad there are so FEW of us in "Lil Rhody Steve ...

#461051 - 11/06/18 11:06 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

I will be the first to apologize for taking this thread SOUTH ...

And now back to our original program:

#461054 - 11/06/18 12:01 PM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Tony, YOU didn't take it south, it 'sailed' south on that initial 'Red Wave'.

chas

#461060 - 11/06/18 03:31 PM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

chas

Well, as the old commercial says "... and I helped " wink

but thanks ...

#461061 - 11/06/18 04:21 PM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

chas

Well, as the old commercial says "... and I helped " wink

but thanks ...

Ah shake and bake wave

#461063 - 11/06/18 08:55 PM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
No weight or price but I just thought it really looked good. Looks like the guy is just starting out. Hope its not back to the days of moving a Rhodes.
Bill, you can find the prices following the Kickstarter link on the website. Or here it is; https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jor...;token=e20e2957

The prices/pledges go from $1,200 to $1,700. Pretty pricey. You have to pay up front and often times you have to wait for a year. There is some risk with every Kickstarter project. I don't know about others, but the legs do not seem to go well with the case. Wood finish legs would be the right thing. I'd rather find a wood looking digital piano stand for home; something like this for $24 shipped!!!! Digital Piano Stand

Edited by Torch (11/07/18 09:27 AM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#461071 - 11/07/18 06:21 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Ebay link doesn't work.

Your right $1200 + is too much for a stand

#461073 - 11/07/18 07:02 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Ebay link doesn't work.

I once found an old organ at the curb. (typical picture attached) Took it home, gutted out the wires and key bed and placed my digital keyboard inside and had a really good looking stand. Free.

The rear speaker was actually about 3 feet
They are also available at Goodwill shops cheap.

I should have hung on to the speaker. It was about 3 feet.
I gave it away as a gag Xmas gift at work.

Regards,

Jerry

Attachments
organ.jpg

Speaker.jpg

Edited by Jerryghr (11/07/18 09:18 AM)

#461083 - 11/07/18 08:41 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I did something similar years ago. I made a hinged panel surround that was made of Luan mahogany panels. It was light enough to fold up and carry away. It may not have been a fancy as this one, but sure hid all of my wires and pedals well. I, also, did what Jerry did for my DX7, but it stayed home.

#461090 - 11/07/18 09:25 AM Re: Piano Preformance Case WOW [Re: Bill Lewis]
Torch Offline

Ebay link doesn't work.

I cut and pasted the eBay link just now, and it does work. Here's a click link; Digital Piano Stand
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online