SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#460906 - 11/05/18 05:42 AM Slightly Used Genos For Sale
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
No not me, someone at the PSR forum

Genos For Sale PSR Forum http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,47352.0.html

Edited by Stephenm52 (11/05/18 05:43 AM)

#460914 - 11/05/18 06:33 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Thanx for the heads up Steve....With the Rumors of a GENOS 2, Pa5x, etc,.. coming at Winter NAMM smart seller are trying to advance sell to get the most return before the actual release... wink

#460919 - 11/05/18 06:59 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Most folks I have visited with, have only had their Genos a year or two. Many are just starting to scratch the surface of the capabilities of this keyboard.

Can’t imagine there will be a Genos 2(if there is one) for a few years yet. The Genos strikes me as one arranger that could be almost completely upgraded just via software.

The fellow selling in the PSR forum is stepping down to a PSR S model.

Edited by guitpic1 (11/05/18 07:01 AM)

#460930 - 11/05/18 08:12 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Pa5x on the way makes sense, Genos was just released as I recall in late 2017 but who knows for sure.

#460931 - 11/05/18 08:33 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: guitpic1]
mweuch Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Most folks I have visited with, have only had their Genos a year or two. Many are just starting to scratch the surface of the capabilities of this keyboard.

Can’t imagine there will be a Genos 2(if there is one) for a few years yet. The Genos strikes me as one arranger that could be almost completely upgraded just via software.

The Genos has only been out for a year as of November 2018! so not even two years old yet!

#460954 - 11/05/18 09:52 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Stephenm52]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you follow the Genos section on the PSR Tutorial, which I do as a moderator, you come to the realization that few individuals have scratched the surface at this stage of ownership. It is a highly complex instrument and requires a lot of serious study time of the manual and forums to fully understand the inner workings of this wonderful keyboard, something many individuals are not willing to do.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#460958 - 11/05/18 09:58 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
If you follow the Genos section on the PSR Tutorial, which I do as a moderator, you come to the realization that few individuals have scratched the surface at this stage of ownership. It is a highly complex instrument and requires a lot of serious study time of the manual and forums to fully understand the inner workings of this wonderful keyboard, something many individuals are not willing to do.

Good luck,

Gary cool

I agree Gary ...nor do they want to and rather just fire it up and play it simply then sell or trade without ever learning the OS at all....as long as they have the latest and greatest model...lol

Edited by Dnj (11/05/18 09:58 AM)

#460959 - 11/05/18 10:00 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: mweuch]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By mweuch

The Genos has only been out for a year as of November 2018! so not even two years old yet!

lets look back at the Psr2000/2100 which came out ever so fast after each other.....remember? wink
you just never know what they are gonna do its all a big profit making game vs each manufacturer with the end user as the patsy...
go figure.

#460966 - 11/05/18 10:18 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
So then the question raises..are arrangers becoming too complicated, given the average age of its users? Some I are quite adept at the intricacies of their boards and software programs...but can more and more complications multiplying the size of user manuals can become a hindrance rather than an enhancement? At some point, don't the useful improvements peak, and the rest become clutter?

#460967 - 11/05/18 10:23 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
So then the question raises..are arrangers becoming too complicated, given the average age of its users? Some I are quite adept at the intricacies of their boards and software programs...but can more and more complications multiplying the size of user manuals can become a hindrance rather than an enhancement? At some point, don't the useful improvements peak, and the rest become clutter?

I don't think so just use what you need from the keyboards tool box from within...each player has different needs....some use alot some none at all for many reasons...either way your gonna pay for it all.

#460979 - 11/05/18 12:22 PM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Good luck,

Gary cool

You’re right Gary, the Genos requires some study. However, those that do put some effort into the Genos, find out just what an amazing keyboard it is.

#460997 - 11/05/18 03:56 PM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: guitpic1]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY

Yes, a 670. I think he just made too big of a jump from that to Genos both complexity wise and money wise.

#461010 - 11/06/18 02:49 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Stephenm52]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
At PSR forum he say: "It's overkill for me."

Fair enough. cool
In fact, I have a feeling that Genos (or other TOTL) is 'overkill' for many that bought it.
My reasons to buy Genos was not because I really needed all the new features, but simply because I am curious enough to explore,
and maybe learn something new, play and have lots of fun.
In my ears Genos is the best sounding Yammie Arranger till date, and that alone did the trick that made me 'eat the bait' and buy.
So far, I'm happy I did, but it may as well be Korg by the next 'cross of the road'.. wink
keys

Edited by Gunnar Jonny (11/06/18 02:54 AM)
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#461012 - 11/06/18 03:52 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

Fair enough. cool
In fact, I have a feeling that Genos (or other TOTL) is 'overkill' for many that bought it.
My reasons to buy Genos was not because I really needed all the new features, but simply because I am curious enough to explore,
In my ears Genos is the best sounding Yammie Arranger till date, and that alone did the trick that made me 'eat the bait' and buy.

keys

Plus 1

#461019 - 11/06/18 05:33 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Fair enough. cool
So far, I'm happy I did, but it may as well be Korg by the next 'cross of the road'.. wink
keys

Untill GENO 2 comes out soon... rotf2

#461021 - 11/06/18 06:37 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj

Nahhh, to be honest, I doubt there will be any Genos 2 arrival, at least not before quite a long time.
I thinki a successor will be something different.
But maybe we'll se some OS updates and fixes, if any to fix ..... wink cool
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#461026 - 11/06/18 06:55 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Nahhh, to be honest, I doubt there will be any Genos 2 arrival, at least not before quite a long time.

genos 2 is probably done long ago and they are just waiting to release at the right time .... and they are working on genos 3 already gotta stay ahead of the game ...it's smart business.

#461052 - 11/06/18 11:06 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Stephenm52]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
for me the GENOS is a dream come true ,SHAME THAT I OWN SUCH AN ISTRUMENT AFTER stopping playing as a proffesional . it is almost a complete arranger that make me sound much much better then my skill
if i had to work with it people would not beleive that i am playing live and would have think that it is a very very good playback.
the only department that suffer is the hammond sound and especialy the rotor sim.

#461124 - 11/08/18 08:18 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: dud]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By dud

the only department that suffer is the hammond sound and especialy the rotor sim.

Hopefully Yamaha will improve the rotary sim in Genos 2. As it stands now the Genos rotary sim is okay but there is always room for improvement.

All the best,

Mike

#461125 - 11/08/18 08:31 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: keybplayer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By keybplayer
Originally Posted By dud

the only department that suffer is the Hammond sound and especially the rotor sim.

Hopefully Yamaha will improve the rotary sim in Genos 2. As it stands now the Genos rotary sim is okay but there is always room for improvement.

Thats just one of the needed improvements as players complain more the R&D will slowly add more & more In Genos 2,3,4,5, just as they did with the Tyros lineup model after model.......that's how you keep the end users interest and that's how they make money...its a vicious cycle number one rule of marketing & making profits $$$
get ready cool2 ..."IT'S COMING" the sneak peak puzzle parts will be on their way to view soon..
how soon we forget...
just sayin' wink

Ps remember all the fuss about this ?

Edited by Dnj (11/08/18 08:33 AM)

#461129 - 11/08/18 09:21 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj

genos 2 is probably done long ago and they are just waiting to release at the right time .... and they are working on genos 3 already gotta stay ahead of the game ...it's smart business.

If hey would work like that..
They would allways be selling old equipment..

Development cycle of Genos is about 2 year..
1 year for hardware and OS
And another year for content

So i guess they will start working on Genos2 in about a year or two..

Yamaha develoment works with a single team for hardware and software, which nowerdays does all their instruments..
And they have 3 different content teams.. piano, arranger and synths...
The content teams work seperately..

The hardware team probably is currently working on cvp piano’s or montage 2..
No need for a new Genos any time soon, unless its an 88 key pro version..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#461131 - 11/08/18 09:41 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

genos 2 is already done long ago......prob working on G3,G4 now.....
and then they wait for the right time to release it watching the competition to get the best yield..
it's marketing 101......

#461168 - 11/08/18 05:32 PM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Dnj]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Yamaha is definitely working on Genos 2 although at what stage of its development is anyone's guess. I agree there could be a new Montage at winter NAMM but only time will tell. The new MODX is a slightly scaled down version of the Montage and it will probably sell like hotcakes and that also means that Montage sales will probably slow down as the MODX becomes more popular. The Montage has been on the market for roughly 3 years now and new models are on average introduced every three to four years. Hopefully there will be some cool surprises at winter NAMM. Something new from Roland would be most welcome too.

All the best,

Mike

#461189 - 11/09/18 04:42 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: keybplayer]
guitpic1 Offline

Re: a Genos 2.

I’m having a hard time imagining what changes Yamaha could make to Genos that would be a significant upgrade...enough to get folks to upgrade?

Perhaps a weighted keyboard that would still weigh under 30 lbs...??

Re: 88 key arranger. I sort of have one in the Casio PX560. I’ve yet to figure out how to use more than 76 of those keys when in arranger mode.

Edited by guitpic1 (11/09/18 04:44 AM)

#461198 - 11/09/18 07:10 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: guitpic1]
zionip Offline

Loc: TX

Re: 88 key arranger. I sort of have one in the Casio PX560. I’ve yet to figure out how to use more than 76 of those keys when in arranger mode.

Hi guitpic1,

I use a Casio PX560 to drive a Ketron SD90 module - I like the piano sounds of the PX560, but do not like the Casio arranger styles and accompaniment sounds.

If I play in the Split mode of the SD90, where the left hand triggers chord changes, and the right hand plays solo instruments, then 76 keys are plenty, even 61 keys cover most situations.

If I play in the Pianist mode, and lower the Chord slider to subdue or eliminate guitar and other accompaniment sounds, resulting only the piano, bass, and drums, then 88 hammer action keys provide the freedom of piano type playing. The 3-piece band experience also makes the same arranger styles sound and feel very different and more lively.

I find that the proper use of the Chord slider on the SD90 helps in delivering variations in accompaniment.

Currently on Genos, to achieve similar 3-piece piano, bass, and drums setup, we have to press Menu - Split & Fingering - AI Full Keyboard to enable playing at piano mode. Then on the sliders, we have to press the "Slider Assign" button once to get to the second slider screen, then pull down the Chord1, Chord2, Pad, Phrase1, Phrase2 sliders. If we want to retain this 3-piece setup, we have to memorize this setup in a registration or user style. On the SD90, I only need to press the Pianist button and pull down the Chord slider to get the 3-piece setup in real time for all styles.

It would be nice if Yamaha can release a firmware update of Genos that includes the feature of allowing an easier 3-piece setup similar to the Chord slider on SD90.

Thanks,
Paul

Edited by zionip (11/09/18 12:12 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online