Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#461129 - 11/08/18 09:21 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
Originally Posted By Dnj

Untill GENO 2 comes out soon... rotf2

Nahhh, to be honest, I doubt there will be any Genos 2 arrival, at least not before quite a long time.
I thinki a successor will be something different.
But maybe we'll se some OS updates and fixes, if any to fix ..... wink cool

genos 2 is probably done long ago and they are just waiting to release at the right time .... and they are working on genos 3 already gotta stay ahead of the game ...it's smart business.

If hey would work like that..
They would allways be selling old equipment..

Development cycle of Genos is about 2 year..
1 year for hardware and OS
And another year for content

So i guess they will start working on Genos2 in about a year or two..

Yamaha develoment works with a single team for hardware and software, which nowerdays does all their instruments..
And they have 3 different content teams.. piano, arranger and synths...
The content teams work seperately..

The hardware team probably is currently working on cvp piano’s or montage 2..
No need for a new Genos any time soon, unless its an 88 key pro version..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#461131 - 11/08/18 09:41 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

genos 2 is already done long ago......prob working on G3,G4 now.....
and then they wait for the right time to release it watching the competition to get the best yield..
it's marketing 101......

#461168 - 11/08/18 05:32 PM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Dnj]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Yamaha is definitely working on Genos 2 although at what stage of its development is anyone's guess. I agree there could be a new Montage at winter NAMM but only time will tell. The new MODX is a slightly scaled down version of the Montage and it will probably sell like hotcakes and that also means that Montage sales will probably slow down as the MODX becomes more popular. The Montage has been on the market for roughly 3 years now and new models are on average introduced every three to four years. Hopefully there will be some cool surprises at winter NAMM. Something new from Roland would be most welcome too.

All the best,

Mike

#461189 - 11/09/18 04:42 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: keybplayer]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Re: a Genos 2.

I’m having a hard time imagining what changes Yamaha could make to Genos that would be a significant upgrade...enough to get folks to upgrade?

Perhaps a weighted keyboard that would still weigh under 30 lbs...??

Re: 88 key arranger. I sort of have one in the Casio PX560. I’ve yet to figure out how to use more than 76 of those keys when in arranger mode.

Edited by guitpic1 (11/09/18 04:44 AM)

#461198 - 11/09/18 07:10 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: guitpic1]
zionip Offline

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By guitpic1

Re: 88 key arranger. I sort of have one in the Casio PX560. I’ve yet to figure out how to use more than 76 of those keys when in arranger mode.

Hi guitpic1,

I use a Casio PX560 to drive a Ketron SD90 module - I like the piano sounds of the PX560, but do not like the Casio arranger styles and accompaniment sounds.

If I play in the Split mode of the SD90, where the left hand triggers chord changes, and the right hand plays solo instruments, then 76 keys are plenty, even 61 keys cover most situations.

If I play in the Pianist mode, and lower the Chord slider to subdue or eliminate guitar and other accompaniment sounds, resulting only the piano, bass, and drums, then 88 hammer action keys provide the freedom of piano type playing. The 3-piece band experience also makes the same arranger styles sound and feel very different and more lively.

I find that the proper use of the Chord slider on the SD90 helps in delivering variations in accompaniment.

Currently on Genos, to achieve similar 3-piece piano, bass, and drums setup, we have to press Menu - Split & Fingering - AI Full Keyboard to enable playing at piano mode. Then on the sliders, we have to press the "Slider Assign" button once to get to the second slider screen, then pull down the Chord1, Chord2, Pad, Phrase1, Phrase2 sliders. If we want to retain this 3-piece setup, we have to memorize this setup in a registration or user style. On the SD90, I only need to press the Pianist button and pull down the Chord slider to get the 3-piece setup in real time for all styles.

It would be nice if Yamaha can release a firmware update of Genos that includes the feature of allowing an easier 3-piece setup similar to the Chord slider on SD90.

Thanks,
Paul

Edited by zionip (11/09/18 12:12 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online