SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#460979 - 11/05/18 12:22 PM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
If you follow the Genos section on the PSR Tutorial, which I do as a moderator, you come to the realization that few individuals have scratched the surface at this stage of ownership. It is a highly complex instrument and requires a lot of serious study time of the manual and forums to fully understand the inner workings of this wonderful keyboard, something many individuals are not willing to do.

Good luck,

Gary cool

You’re right Gary, the Genos requires some study. However, those that do put some effort into the Genos, find out just what an amazing keyboard it is.

#460997 - 11/05/18 03:56 PM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: guitpic1]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By guitpic1

The fellow selling in the PSR forum is stepping down to a PSR S model.

Yes, a 670. I think he just made too big of a jump from that to Genos both complexity wise and money wise.

#461010 - 11/06/18 02:49 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Stephenm52]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
At PSR forum he say: "It's overkill for me."

Fair enough. cool
In fact, I have a feeling that Genos (or other TOTL) is 'overkill' for many that bought it.
My reasons to buy Genos was not because I really needed all the new features, but simply because I am curious enough to explore,
and maybe learn something new, play and have lots of fun.
In my ears Genos is the best sounding Yammie Arranger till date, and that alone did the trick that made me 'eat the bait' and buy.
So far, I'm happy I did, but it may as well be Korg by the next 'cross of the road'.. wink
keys

Edited by Gunnar Jonny (11/06/18 02:54 AM)
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#461012 - 11/06/18 03:52 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

Fair enough. cool
In fact, I have a feeling that Genos (or other TOTL) is 'overkill' for many that bought it.
My reasons to buy Genos was not because I really needed all the new features, but simply because I am curious enough to explore,
In my ears Genos is the best sounding Yammie Arranger till date, and that alone did the trick that made me 'eat the bait' and buy.

keys

Plus 1

#461019 - 11/06/18 05:33 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Fair enough. cool
So far, I'm happy I did, but it may as well be Korg by the next 'cross of the road'.. wink
keys

Untill GENO 2 comes out soon... rotf2

#461021 - 11/06/18 06:37 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj

Nahhh, to be honest, I doubt there will be any Genos 2 arrival, at least not before quite a long time.
I thinki a successor will be something different.
But maybe we'll se some OS updates and fixes, if any to fix ..... wink cool
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#461026 - 11/06/18 06:55 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Nahhh, to be honest, I doubt there will be any Genos 2 arrival, at least not before quite a long time.
I thinki a successor will be something different.
But maybe we'll se some OS updates and fixes, if any to fix ..... wink cool

genos 2 is probably done long ago and they are just waiting to release at the right time .... and they are working on genos 3 already gotta stay ahead of the game ...it's smart business.

#461052 - 11/06/18 11:06 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: Stephenm52]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
for me the GENOS is a dream come true ,SHAME THAT I OWN SUCH AN ISTRUMENT AFTER stopping playing as a proffesional . it is almost a complete arranger that make me sound much much better then my skill
if i had to work with it people would not beleive that i am playing live and would have think that it is a very very good playback.
the only department that suffer is the hammond sound and especialy the rotor sim.

#461124 - 11/08/18 08:18 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: dud]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By dud

the only department that suffer is the hammond sound and especialy the rotor sim.

Hopefully Yamaha will improve the rotary sim in Genos 2. As it stands now the Genos rotary sim is okay but there is always room for improvement.

All the best,

Mike

#461125 - 11/08/18 08:31 AM Re: Slightly Used Genos For Sale [Re: keybplayer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By keybplayer
Originally Posted By dud

the only department that suffer is the Hammond sound and especially the rotor sim.

Hopefully Yamaha will improve the rotary sim in Genos 2. As it stands now the Genos rotary sim is okay but there is always room for improvement.

Thats just one of the needed improvements as players complain more the R&D will slowly add more & more In Genos 2,3,4,5, just as they did with the Tyros lineup model after model.......that's how you keep the end users interest and that's how they make money...its a vicious cycle number one rule of marketing & making profits $$$
get ready cool2 ..."IT'S COMING" the sneak peak puzzle parts will be on their way to view soon..
how soon we forget...
just sayin' wink

Ps remember all the fuss about this ?

Edited by Dnj (11/08/18 08:33 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online