SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#460869 - 11/04/18 02:52 PM Re: Getting old - how has it affected your music life? [Re: cgiles]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
My Friends thats funny what the hell is old then hahahha,
?for me music is without age in feeling that is i just turned
50 noone believes i am but it is and i am but music is not
about age it only gets better with ages because you feel the music better
but thats how i see it so i cant fill that in for anyone else but MUSIC is ALWAYS COOOL and brings people together so never forget that !!!
And sorry for my englisch its not that good but i hope you understand what i am trying to say ;)))))

So Fun and beautiful Music is a special thing
PS I never asked anyones Age i also dont know anyone's Age so who gives a ???? its only about what you do and feel and represent in my opinion smile

Sooo in Other words Go for IT smile

Edited by KeyBTyros (11/04/18 09:51 PM)

#460872 - 11/04/18 03:49 PM Re: Getting old - how has it affected your music life? [Re: sparky589]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By sparky589
My chronological age is amplified by medical issues that make have reservations about continuing to gig. I've had someone helping me with equipment lately but that's not always available. The age of my music, and shrinking core audience that appreciates it, is right now the biggest deterrent to continuing. I have no desire to learn anything current; we all have our opinions on "today's" music. I don't have the enthusiasm to perform as I once did and that's not fair to my audience; I do however feed off of them and their response enhances mine. Also, as I get older, friends and family have passed away taking the wind out of my sails often. At this point I am hesitant to continue doing what I'm not happy doing 100%. I'm sliding into grumpy old man mode ( a qualification for membership to Old Fogeys Brigade) And I've got about a week to make up my mind to continue booking or let it go..

We sound like twins except I already quit.

#460874 - 11/04/18 03:56 PM Re: Getting old - how has it affected your music life? [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony, I don’t mind at all I’m down on Boston after the Sox took the series smile

1. With a Genos, Pa4x , Clavinova CVP 307 and an s970 not thinking about any more gear, enough is enough. When I’m not gigging I enjoy switching off playing the Genos, 4x or Clavinova. I use the Clavinova for piano solo and don’t use it’s arranger features. S970 I use when we are in Florida.

3. I have plenty of stamina at 66, at my annual physical this week the doc asked what are you doing to be in such a healthy state. I told him drink a lot, smoke a lot and don’t eat. ( just kidding with that part). Actually I don’t drink, smoke and try to eat in moderation.

4. I was a late comer played my first gig at 55 and never played with a band or other musicians, so the rehearsals aren’t in the picture.

5. Memorization was never a strong point but I play quite a few tunes from memory for piano solo that I learned in my late teens early 20s. Great to have tablets in 2018, especially when you can call up the lead sheet from Songbook or Playlist

6. I travel pretty light and with a Rock N Roller dolly I don’t mind. Thanks to Gary for the suggestions on quick set up break down time.

7. I’m finished buying gear for the immediate future and maybe forever.

8. Creativity? I never had a lot of it and the little I had probably went down the drain when I spent my early 20s to mid 30s riding the train to where ever there was a party. Regrets? I have a few but then again to few to mention smile.... but if I had to do it over I would have never jumped on board that party train. The good news I got off it 34 years ago.

Bottom line I’m a frustrated musician but have to be grateful for the many, many blessings in my life. smile

#460876 - 11/04/18 05:20 PM Re: Getting old - how has it affected your music life? [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, you NEEEEED the PA1000! smile

#460878 - 11/04/18 06:12 PM Re: Getting old - how has it affected your music life? [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
laugh2 ... tell my wife !!! ...

#460879 - 11/04/18 06:31 PM Re: Getting old - how has it affected your music life? [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Didn't know she played!! smile

#460880 - 11/04/18 06:33 PM Re: Getting old - how has it affected your music life? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Tony, you NEEEEED the PA1000! smile

Ditto keys

#460882 - 11/04/18 07:08 PM Re: Getting old - how has it affected your music life? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
smile

#460888 - 11/04/18 09:19 PM Re: Getting old - how has it affected your music life? [Re: cgiles]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Tony....
Negotiate.
No money down....take years and years to pay.
Don may go for it. I bet he even does the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdutns1wWXg
Eddie

#460890 - 11/04/18 09:37 PM Re: Getting old - how has it affected your music life? [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Love me some Joe Diffie!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online