SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#460539 - 10/30/18 12:53 PM The perfect sound module..
Bachus Offline

Not what you expect..

Apple released a new mac mini today..
6 core i7 with 32 GB of mem..
Makes a perfect soundmodule ..
Just send midi program changes and hide the mac mini under your desk..
With all vst and audio units..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460546 - 10/30/18 05:06 PM Re: The perfect sound module.. [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Bachus,
Thou almost persuadest me with this one, but until I saw the price structure: Someone says the following; "2TB SSD for $1400. Soldered in non upgradable 64gb of RAM for $1400. Top end machine has only 64gb or ram, 2TB storage and goes for $4200 without apple care or tax" That gets pretty high in cost. As I mentioned before, if you make online reservations for hotel or airline ticket from Apple devices, you will get a higher quote. They know or think that you will be willing to pay a higher price.

My next PC/notebook would be some kind of mini/portable PC with a fairly large but portable touch screen. Because of my built-in bias against Apple as a company, it would take quite a bit for Apple to "convert" me. I really like the idea of MINI Mac, or high power portable PC, though. Windows is not really a bad environment for MIDI and digital music.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#460551 - 10/30/18 09:45 PM Re: The perfect sound module.. [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
Bachus,
Thou almost persuadest me with this one, but until I saw the price structure: Someone says the following; "2TB SSD for $1400. Soldered in non upgradable 64gb of RAM for $1400. Top end machine has only 64gb or ram, 2TB storage and goes for $4200 without apple care or tax" That gets pretty high in cost. As I mentioned before, if you make online reservations for hotel or airline ticket from Apple devices, you will get a higher quote. They know or think that you will be willing to pay a higher price.

My next PC/notebook would be some kind of mini/portable PC with a fairly large but portable touch screen. Because of my built-in bias against Apple as a company, it would take quite a bit for Apple to "convert" me. I really like the idea of MINI Mac, or high power portable PC, though. Windows is not really a bad environment for MIDI and digital music.

For keyboardists on windows there is nothing that comes close to mainstage on mac. And the program is also free... you win another €400 back when using logic x (€200 and lifelong free updates) instead of cubase €600 and bi anual payed upgrades..

But i guess its possible to build a windows device just as small with the same specs...

The problem with apple pricing is that extramemmory and storage costs way over the top

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460587 - 10/31/18 12:16 PM Re: The perfect sound module.. [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
For keyboardists on windows there is nothing that comes close to mainstage on mac. And the program is also free... you win another €400 back when using logic x (€200 and lifelong free updates) instead of cubase €600 and bi anual payed upgrades..

But i guess its possible to build a windows device just as small with the same specs...

The problem with apple pricing is that extramemmory and storage costs way over the top
If a person already has an Apple computer, MS is no brainier. That's the reason the first thing that I did when I was given an Macbook Pro, was to pay $29 to get MS. However, I'll say that for those who do not already own an Apple, the price of the software is hidden in the Apple hardware. I didn't know about the lifetime updates for Logic. A great deal. That's pretty tempting. I can resist everything except for temptation... Kidding aside, I fully agree with you on Apple's extreme pricing policies. Now their fees for repair is so high that you might as well buy a new device or buy Apple Care according to a website called Mac Cult or something. Someone says you are better buying insurance for your Apple devices. Cheaper. Even "blind" believers are waking up. I was talking to a die-hard Apple fan boy yesterday. He said that he doesn't want to support Apple anymore.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online