SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#460420 - 10/28/18 08:34 AM Donnie...Please some Music on Your 9 and Vocals!
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
A lot of Wonderful Music/Vocal postings last few days...Sure would like to hear Donnie using the Roland 9 and Great Vocals...PLEASE...Pretty Please Harold

#460423 - 10/28/18 08:43 AM Re: Donnie...Please some Music on Your 9 and Vocals! [Re: Harold123]
Dnj Offline

Harold (Donny sp)..you know as others would chastise someone who requests music be played here on SZ as I was many times in the past, coffee ...although I am not one of those people and encourage sharing music always wink But, Once I get more comfy and more knowledgeable with the Roland Bk9 I would gladly post some short demos with vocals for you if I can OK.. ?

Take care

Edited by Dnj (10/28/18 11:04 AM)

#460439 - 10/28/18 02:17 PM Re: Donnie...Please some Music on Your 9 and Vocals! [Re: Dnj]
Harold123 Offline

I understand Donny...Excuse My poor spelling. It just comes natural. I have always enjoyed your singing and playing. How do like Your BK-9 at this point? I have the PSR-S970 I purchased from John C. a short time ago, but I sure would like 76 Keys. Harold

#460443 - 10/28/18 06:02 PM Re: Donnie...Please some Music on Your 9 and Vocals! [Re: Harold123]
Dnj Offline

I don't have much to report at this time but I will tell you a few things that I really enjoy the keybed is wonderful one of the best I've ever played the 76 keys are also a pleasure to stretch out when needed I love the dual screens you can do so much when playing live using them individually for different features and functions the Bk9 is nice and Light it really sounds amazing the organs are top notch the pianos eps strings brass guitars etc, and many of the supernatural sounds are just amazing it's really built for somebody who wants to play Live the mic effects processor is really nice sounds very good with all effects and adjustments right on Deck a lot of the Styles make a lot of sense in their progressions and variations Many I'm very used to from previous Roland units that I've had in the past it will take me awhile to really they get into this operating system and see exactly what it can do with the cord sequencer audio keys assignable buttons it's jam-packed with stuff all in a good way.... Drawbar work flawlessly too, the navigational design is well built and everything is situated where it should be... I will report back with my experiences as I go along this is a keyboard I long-awaited to try and I'm glad I did it's really a pleasure to play this backing arranger keyboard... take care....

PS forgot to mention I finally found a thick padded gig carry bag that fits very nicely.... https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YBNP76--yamaha-piaggero-np-keyboard-bag

Edited by Dnj (10/29/18 02:31 AM)

#460445 - 10/28/18 07:25 PM Re: Donnie...Please some Music on Your 9 and Vocals! [Re: Harold123]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
I don't have much to report at this time but I will tell you a few things that I really enjoy the keybed is wonderful one of the best I've ever played the 76 keys are also a pleasure to stretch out when needed I love the dual screens you can do so much when playing live using them individually for different features and functions the Bk9 is nice and Light it really sounds amazing the organs are top notch the pianos eps strings brass guitars etc, and many of the supernatural sounds are just amazing it's really built for somebody who wants to play Live the mic effects processor is really nice sounds very good with all effects and adjustments right on Deck a lot of the Styles make a lot of sense in their progressions and variations Many I'm very used to from previous Roland units that I've had in the past it will take me awhile to really they get into this operating system and see exactly what it can do with the cord sequencer audio keys assignable buttons it's jam-packed with stuff all in a good way.... Drawbar work flawlessly too, the navigational design is well built and everything is situated where it should be... I will report back with my experiences as I go along this is a keyboard I long-awaited to try and I'm glad I did it's really a pleasure to play this backing arranger keyboard... take care....

(,,,,........) Donny, here are some extra periods and commas that were just laying around. Feel free to use them smile. Glad you're enjoying your BK9. I guess you had a change of heart about ONLY EVER owning a 61-key board. Oh well, we all have the right to change our minds.....twice a day smile. You know, I really think you're just bored. Hey, I'm not judging...I'm the exact same way, except I tend to keep all the junk I buy on a whim. Luckily, space limitations keeps a check on the impulse buying. So when should we expect to see the next iteration of 'famous keyboard finds'? There is a roll-up 'thingy' that you play with your feet; that might be fun...then you could play, sing, AND DANCE at the same time.

Have a good one buddy, you only live once.

chas

Edited by cgiles (10/28/18 07:29 PM)

#460460 - 10/29/18 06:28 AM Re: Donnie...Please some Music on Your 9 and Vocals! [Re: cgiles]
Harold123 Offline

Thank You Donny...Just What Expected to hear about the Roland 9...I'm an Old Roland Guy from the XP-80 Days and Stage Piano's, as is Fran. Thank You for taking Your Time to respond to My Post...Enjoy Harold

#460463 - 10/29/18 08:13 AM Re: Donnie...Please some Music on Your 9 and Vocals! [Re: Harold123]
Dnj Offline

Another two great features are the two dedicated sound buttons right above the keys center.. "H Bar" & "User Tone" (Supernatural)
instant access to drawbars displays and super natural sound lists on the fly......Also.. next to that a "Favorite Lists Button where you can customize all your favorite sounds 10 on a page...once pushed all your sound buttons become favorite tabs to choose in real time wow I love that Roland was thinking "live player" for sure with the BK9.
And being an Italian built product the quality is excellent too.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online