SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#460723 - 11/03/18 05:54 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Bachus]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hi Freakman,

Yes, you should be able to upgrade without re-registering as long as your current version is registered properly. If not, as Rikki is trying to do, you will have to reload your serial # and Code 1 and get a new Code 2 from Klaus. Check your emails from EMC, you might have your Code 2 already which you can reuse.

Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#460724 - 11/03/18 05:57 AM Re: EMC software [Re: freakman]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By freakman
Hello,
Can I use this update for my XT version without re-registering?

If the version you have installed do start and work OK, it's just to download and run the updatefile and everything should be fine.

Quote text at the EMC 'newspage':

"Latest information
After a long delay we have now implemented support for the current Korg series Pa4x/1000/700 in all our programs along with the sound maps for Yamaha Tyros 5 and Genos.

Due to quite numerous request regarding the newer Ketron keyboards we will probably do an update for these instruments as well, but this will not become available before 2019."
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#460726 - 11/03/18 06:10 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

My EMc Universal version 2000 still uses a floppy disc !! surprised

#460728 - 11/03/18 06:56 AM Re: EMC software [Re: kbrkr]
freakman Online   content

I still have the registration data. Will try the 4.95 once. Since I receive no answer from H. Grosser. Many Thanks.

#460733 - 11/03/18 07:20 AM Re: EMC software [Re: freakman]
freakman Online   content

Ok,

it worked now has version 4.95 without new registration.

Thank you

#460734 - 11/03/18 07:30 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Interested in hearing about how well style the conversions work in different arrangers and how much additional work has to be done to make them sound decent enough to use especially from variation to variation, chord changes etc,? .....

#460789 - 11/03/18 10:31 PM Re: EMC software [Re: Bachus]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I asked Klaus a year ago to make some modifications to his program to make it more batch convert friendly. I've sent him a list with the all the changes I saw as an improvement.

I am happy to report that Klaus implemented ALL of those, and now, finally, I can do batch conversions without watching over it constantly.

To date I have run more than two hundred thousand styles of all brands through his fantastic software - it is well worth purchasing indeed. Yes, the Pa4x conversions are poor for now (especially the intros & endings), but the conversions of the other Korgs are better than before which makers it worth installing the update.

I'll have a chat with Klaus soon on how to convert Yamaha styles better and hopefully he will implement this into an new update.

There is NO style converter avaible that converts styles between brands having the same quality as the original. However, with just a little tweaking, amazing results can be had and puts so much more styles at ones disposal. Yes, some can live with only a handful of styles, I know. As for me, new styles excites me and is part of the fun I get out of using an arranger (in the way I do).

After all, it is all about having fun which I certainly do! I ALWAYS get the most out of my arrangers and their on-board features as I am not a piano player at all. My arrangers do most of the work/music for me simply because I let them.

#460813 - 11/04/18 06:01 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Bachus]
Ric4001 Offline

Just curious: is this a challenge response type of copy protection that is limited to use on one computer? Couldn't find that information on the company's site.

#460816 - 11/04/18 06:14 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Ric4001]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Ric4001

...... protection that is limited to use on one computer?

Yes, during install there is a register procedure that's generates a unik pincode for the PC you install the software.
This pin has to be sent to the author or prosessed via a form at the webpage to get a second code to get the software fully working.
Myself, I do wish it was possible to swap between i.e. a portable laptop and the PC, but unfornately it's not possible. (Not as far as I know).
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#460817 - 11/04/18 06:15 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Ric4001 Offline

Thanks for the info!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online