SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#460151 - 10/22/18 03:46 PM B3,C3,B2 comparison.
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
What do you think?
Which one do you like better?

Eric

#460291 - 10/26/18 06:16 AM Re: B3,C3,B2 comparison. [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

clap

Eric great demo......
I posted a similar one a few days ago also... cool2

That said I have to honestly say to my ears headphone
Roland has the best sounding Hammond sounds in an arranger KB...

keys

#460293 - 10/26/18 06:38 AM Re: B3,C3,B2 comparison. [Re: Eric, B]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Some slight differances but hard to tell from a video. They alll sound great. I'm sure the B2 would be a whole lot less money and they were very well made. Hammonds are like pianos in that they all sound different. As my tech partner used to say you have to find one that " speaks to you and make friends with it" Thats rhe one you'll never give up. I've been avle to play a lot of them but the one I remember most as connecting to me was a Model A with Trek Preamp, Percussion, and String Bass thru a 145 Leslie. Went to a church in Queens NY and I still wish I had it. Church was a storefront and it flooded shortly after we delivered the organ ! It was on a raised platform so got taken out to the organists home for safe keeping.
Donny I agree as one of the big reasons I went with the BK9 was,its Hammond sounds. Run in stereo its very good.

#460294 - 10/26/18 06:40 AM Re: B3,C3,B2 comparison. [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis

Donny I agree as one of the big reasons I went with the BK9 was,
it's Hammond sounds. Run in stereo it's very good.

cool2 100%

#460297 - 10/26/18 07:08 AM Re: B3,C3,B2 comparison. [Re: Eric, B]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Bill (and others), I've noticed that most people that use pedals have opted for the PK5. WHY?? The one octave is SOOOO limiting. Plus, (for me anyway) it keeps you constantly thinking about playing notes an octave lower (or alternate note) for notes outside the range of the pedalboard. I have the PK7A (20 notes) which solves THAT problem but I still have trouble with accuracy because they are straight and not angled like a 25/32 pedalboard.

I know that neither is currently available but WHEN THEY WERE, why the PK5? Used to a spinet, maybe? Full disclosure; I had a PK5 but got a PK7a as soon as they became available.

Another question. Why the heck are all the aftermarket (or accessory) 25 key pedals so damned expensive? Almost all are well over a grand. Regardless, I'm gonna' have to spring for one; I can't take it anymore smile.

chas

#460298 - 10/26/18 07:24 AM Re: B3,C3,B2 comparison. [Re: cgiles]
zionip Offline

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By cgiles

Another question. Why the heck are all the aftermarket (or accessory) 25 key pedals so damned expensive? Almost all are well over a grand. Regardless, I'm gonna' have to spring for one; I can't take it anymore smile.

chas

Hi chas,

I agree with you - decent 25-note pedals are way too expensive.

How about this 24-note pedal at $499 plus $68 shipping?
http://www.jg3tech.com/24-note-midi-bass-pedals

Some of the user reviews of this 24-note MIDI pedal mentioned the pedals were too stiff a few years back. The maker of this pedal, Jared Gold, an American jazz organist, confirmed that "As far as the tension, the stiffness has been addressed, yes."

Thanks,
Paul

#460299 - 10/26/18 07:35 AM Re: B3,C3,B2 comparison. [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles

chas

good luck Chas awaiting your review of the pedal board...thanx

#460301 - 10/26/18 08:02 AM Re: B3,C3,B2 comparison. [Re: Eric, B]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Paul, yes, I've been looking at that pedalboard for a couple of years now but the reviews have generally been SO bad (mostly over on keyboard corners) that I've decided to take a pass. A few people have 'midi'ed' standard pedals from old or discarded organs but that's more of job than I'm willing to tackle.

chas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online