SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#460403 - 10/28/18 02:27 AM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Gut gesagt

#460406 - 10/28/18 04:16 AM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: sparky589]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
Playing publicly does involve stress. Bookings, travel, arrivals and setup on time..then comes audience pleasing. Sometimes it goes great, sometimes not. If you have others playing with or for you, there's personality management. And physical stresses can be involved especially as we age. Add contractual obligations when significant life events take place and the show must go on, there's a lot of stress involved .

There a lot of reward too. Sharing with others, having others appreciate it. So many times at home I hit on something good or have an inspired song come out just right and I wish others could hear it. I have never been about showing off or seeking accolades or approval from others. I was given a video of my band playing a song that was a favorite of my dads, only to find out it was must have been the favorite of an older woman who was being pushed around the dance floor in a wheelchair. When the song finished she was crying and very grateful. I love the music way more than performing it, but if I didn't perform I would never have experienced that and would not have had the pleasure of making a "stranger" happy...

In a few years when i go into early retirement, i might give it a go...
There is enough old man bands here in the area, lookin for keyboardists...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460411 - 10/28/18 06:52 AM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
As I get older, I do enjoy playing music just for myself. That said, there is still more fun in music for me when I share it with others.

My brother, retired high school choir teacher and pianist, has a different take. Although he has been performing with his choirs for years, he much prefers his piano time at home playing for his own enjoyment.

He and I have had several conversations about playing for one’s own enjoyment and also playing for the public.

Edited by guitpic1 (10/28/18 06:57 AM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online