Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By zionip
... I bought a Jaspers keyboard stand, achieving very clean floor space:

Ummmm ... there's a FLOOR?????

#460306 - 10/26/18 10:19 AM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
If I am being honest I just don't understand how a player using all these controllers & gadgets while trying to play and sing a song can do that without the flow being abrupt, choppy, and a navagitional nightmare?......we can talk all day and buy all the gear and setup anyway you want but in the end talk is cheap,....I learn by watching people play and use their instruments getting and absorbing from their talents to use in my own music....but I hardly ever see the players who have all this stuff in their rigs so I can learn more from it...what am I missing here...?

and yes I'll say it.....

"THOUGHTS"?

Why would a kid that allready has 2 toys ever want a 3rd one?

On a serious note..

You are missing most of the point..
It works very much like a psr/genos/tyros... and registration memmory..
The fun is in the preperation, and building a performance..

And the fun is in finding a way to use all those tools in a live performance..
In a way that its still possible to controll things with 2 hands..

We play at home, we have fun, what more is there to music then having fun and enjoying yourself? Oh yes, there is playing for others, but thats often not the goal of homeplayers..

Edited by Bachus (10/26/18 11:43 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460310 - 10/26/18 11:16 AM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

I sort of understand where you're coming from but for me not being a gear hoarder and home player only seems very boringly lonely not being able to share it with the masses or even with friends and other musicians in whatever way it needs to be. I want to play for others this way criticism from, audiences or people, etc, makes you a better player the other way you sit in a room with a big ego amongst all that gear thinking you are the best player in the world... but I guess that's okay too whatever makes you happy..... everybody does at their own way good luck.

Edited by Dnj (10/26/18 11:45 AM)

#460312 - 10/26/18 11:48 AM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I sort of understand where you're coming from but for me not being a gear hoarder and home player only seems very boringly lonely not being able to share it with the masses or even with friends and other musicians in whatever way it needs to be. I want to play for others this way criticism makes you a better player the other way you sit in a room with a big ego amongst all that gear thinking you are the best player in the world... but I guess that's okay too whatever makes you happy..... everybody does at their own way good luck.

To me making music is a stress releive vessel..
After a hard day of stress at work, making music with my headset on makes me relax..
Music is my medicine, and it works great for me, even with a headset on..

It has nothing to do with ego
I do realise i am a medicore musician at best
And altough a seccondary goal is improving my skills
My first and foremost goal is having fun..

Having to play for others, would add stress, instead of relieving stress
Its the exact opposite of what i want to archieve with my hobby..

Edited by Bachus (10/26/18 11:49 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460313 - 10/26/18 12:32 PM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
I sort of understand where you're coming from but for me not being a gear hoarder and home player only seems very boringly lonely not being able to share it with the masses or even with friends and other musicians in whatever way it needs to be. I want to play for others this way criticism from, audiences or people, etc, makes you a better player the other way you sit in a room with a big ego amongst all that gear thinking you are the best player in the world... but I guess that's okay too whatever makes you happy..... everybody does at their own way good luck.

Donny, ... Let's be honest here ... if we 'performers' didn't have the egos we have, we wouldn't be ' on stage' ...
singer keys

#460314 - 10/26/18 01:01 PM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bachus your last two post are right on the money..

All my life I knew playing music relaxes and puts in respective, the real world , day to day work related issues.. especially self employed folks , such as I have always been smile

Tony, you are right, most performers on stage are primarily wanting to boost their egos . Or just in it for the money..

I was always very much different.. I have no ego problems. grin

Never was in it for the money shocked

I either enjoyed what I was doing, or passed on it smile

I worked with some of the prettiest talented young ladies, and always enjoyed friendships with all the folks I worked with..

If it becomes no longer fun, I am done with it.. grin

As Bachus mentioned I enjoy set ups that challenge the unusual way of doing things..
Keeping gear that you like is not hoarding smile

And remember you never lose a dime on gear until you "dump" it grin

#460315 - 10/26/18 01:05 PM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Dnj

Donny, ... Let's be honest here ... if we 'performers' didn't have the egos we have, we wouldn't be ' on stage' ...
singer keys

I agree Tony,... If YOU don't know your Good
the audiences will see that right away!!.....You are the Quarterback of the team on stage and always call all the shots! wink

#460316 - 10/26/18 01:13 PM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I don't think anyone needs to justify (to other people) why they do what they do, as long as it doesn't hurt anybody. I mean, who's business is it how much gear I buy or what gear I buy or how I choose to use it. Because I have a lot of musical gear does not obligate me to share my music with strangers (or anybody); that is strictly my choice to make. I can totally understand Bachus' point of view and it's as valid for him as yours is for you ('you' being whoever this applies to). I also agree with Tony; those of us who have experienced the pleasure of receiving the admiration, respect, and appreciation of others for our music have to 'fess up.....we like it smile.

The point is, whatever our reason(s) for playing music, buying gear, or SHARING our music, is strictly a PERSONAL matter and we shouldn't be made to feel guilty or pressured into complying with what someone else thinks we should do. JMO.

chas

#460319 - 10/26/18 02:09 PM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Bachus

To me making music is a stress releive vessel..
After a hard day of stress at work, making music with my headset on makes me relax..
Music is my medicine, and it works great for me, even with a headset on..

It has nothing to do with ego
I do realise i am a medicore musician at best
And altough a seccondary goal is improving my skills
My first and foremost goal is having fun..

Having to play for others, would add stress, instead of relieving stress
Its the exact opposite of what i want to archieve with my hobby..

Hi Bachus,
Wow, that’s me too. You’ve said it so much better than I ever could. My hobby has gotten me thru some awful times.
14 years ago when my husband was stuck in hospital for 8 months, I think I would have gone nuts, if it hadn’t been for a couple of synthzone members. They got me interested in softsynths and software arrangers. It was something that kept my mind active and focused on something enjoyable, while sitting round hospital waiting rooms for hours a day. I was able to take my laptop and divide my time between trying to keep our building company up and running and learning about softsynths and software arrangers.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#460368 - 10/27/18 10:27 AM Re: Comtrollers for arranger modules [Re: rikkisbears]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Playing publicly does involve stress. Bookings, travel, arrivals and setup on time..then comes audience pleasing. Sometimes it goes great, sometimes not. If you have others playing with or for you, there's personality management. And physical stresses can be involved especially as we age. Add contractual obligations when significant life events take place and the show must go on, there's a lot of stress involved .

There a lot of reward too. Sharing with others, having others appreciate it. So many times at home I hit on something good or have an inspired song come out just right and I wish others could hear it. I have never been about showing off or seeking accolades or approval from others. I was given a video of my band playing a song that was a favorite of my dads, only to find out it was must have been the favorite of an older woman who was being pushed around the dance floor in a wheelchair. When the song finished she was crying and very grateful. I love the music way more than performing it, but if I didn't perform I would never have experienced that and would not have had the pleasure of making a "stranger" happy...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online