Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46017 - 10/01/06 08:46 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kn7:
[B]Hey Joan,

I suggest you lighten up and get a life. This kind of bitchiness is why I seldom bring up the forum anymore.

Hi KN7.
What a remark to make against Joan! You say you don’t visit the forum much and actually.
Indicated that Joan is a bitch..
A remark such as that is not to be expected on the forum, I think you have made a bad mistake.
If you care to bring up the profile of Joan and look at all the posts she has made over the last few years
You will find she has been a pillar of strength to many people.
When a post for help is made Joan is always to the forefront in helping members.
Many members have often remarked that Joan and John North are always responsive to all matters posed by people wanting advice on various disciplines concerning all aspects of music or software.
I myself feel sad to think someone who obviously does not know this lovely lady can talk of Joan In a derogatory fashion.
You are no gentleman KN7!!!! That is a fact.
To people who want styles’ or registrations other than the ones existing on the KN7000 that don’t appeal to them. Use your knowledge of big bands to create what you want.
In this case the Miller sound rather than buy Floppies why not make them yourself!!
If you study the line up of musicians used by Glenn Miller to create a unique sound. You will find Instead of 5 saxophones “the traditional line up”, he used Clarinet lead - Second alto – First Tenor sax – second Alto sax – second Tenor –and Baritone Sax. Lead alto and baritone sax often playing the same note but an octave lower. It may be you will have to replace instruments to get the sound you wish.
We are not talking about real Sax’s or trumpets on the KN7000 or any other make of keyboard just a simulation of the instrument. It’s quite probable you would need to experiment to find a sound you like.
But when you find it you will feel like Glenn Miller did when he found it..
Joan you are a star!!!!!!.
Kind regards to all.
Joe Baron

#46018 - 10/01/06 10:54 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Scott,

I agree that you only mentioned the Miller disc. I agree with Joan that Technote has produced a lot of software that was very good. Your answer could have been a lot more gentleman like.

Kn7,

We Yanks were know as crude by the Brits at one time and the Brits were and are known as being very proper (at least the ones I know). You prove that there are exceptions.

Your comments were totally uncalled for in private and especially on a public forum.

If anything closes this forum it will be comments like yours. If I were you I would apologize to Joan.

Fran in SC

#46019 - 10/01/06 11:22 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi , Joan and Audrey are two super English ladies that I've had the great pleasure to help with music and styles in the past and they have also been the first to respond to my requests for help with copies of music and styles .
In fact it is the same with John north !!
It's people like these that keep the forum alive and on an even keel !!!

Well done dear friend Joe Baron for coming in with some good advice (as always ) a real Gent !!! a fine musician and cabaret artiste !!!

I have many American friends whom i've met on my travels going to Accordion conventions in Las Vegas and they say we brits are quiter and reserved and don't call a spade a spade , and we are not so up front and in your face so to speak .
We all love our American cousins dearly and we have to accept the differences .
I believe it was the great Winston Churchill who said "England and america divided by a common langauge "

regards to you all !!!!

Giovanni (Norwich Norfolk England)

#46020 - 10/01/06 03:17 PM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
I have never been so surprised or disappointed in a group as I am with the people on this forum that have responded to my post so negatively. Good grief! You are like little children with your petty remarks! I ask help on a matter and it turns into a mad herd of elephants at a circus. Oh, by the way, no one has even offered a thought on solving what I had asked about. Because I make a statement that I am not pleased with the Miller arrangements, all hell breaks loose.

Joan caused this fiasco by being shocked and apparently losing sleep that I could say negative things about ONE DISK put out by Technote and you all come to her defense - How noble. If anyone should apologize it should be Joan for causing this ridiculous, blown out of proportion mess - not kn7. I, in no way, am sticking up for whoever kn7 is but at least he or she had the common sense to read my original post and I'm sure has wondered why the catty remarks from both women were necessary when I only asked for help. It is quite clear none of you came up with an answer. As it is, I don't need any help for I have decided to not even use Track 1 and Tack 2 from the disk. After listening to it a couple more times, I have decided it isn't very good either.

Let's put this thread to sleep. Joan................ well, let me just say, get a good night's sleep. I don't want to be the cause of your losing any.

Scott

#46021 - 10/01/06 03:32 PM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
We are not talking Technote Glenn Miller arrangement quality, we all have our opinions – and rightfully so.
We are talking about how they are presented on this forum. I believe Scott to be a good person who presented his opinion in a manner that may have offended some people.
Joan and Audery have my vote as being gentle intelligent nice people. I feel their anger is directed at manner of presentation not quality of music. A different use of languages does not necessarily mean a desire to hurt another person – If Scott was aware I don’t think his post would read as it did. I feel strongly about that but it is only my opinion.

Having said that let’s go back to keyboards and discussing what we all love about music. I am a Tyros 2 player now, I miss my KN7000 –anyone selling one, ha ha ha. I come back to this forum because of the quality of people who posts, I feel safe here. The people I met at the Jams are the best. If Joan and Audery would promise to be at the upcoming forum in Florida I would definitely be there I wouldn’t miss it.

Aaaaaah, I’m going to go anyhow, can’t get enough of Fran and Bernie. (Grin)

John C.

#46022 - 10/03/06 04:35 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
katrina Offline

Loc: Colchester, UK
Come on now! Having read everyone's previous posts over the years I know that everyone above is an absolutely super person. (Someone once said "it's better to act, rather than just REact".)

I find most of the Technote disks absolutely marvellous but one or two of them not. (Haven't got Glenn Miller). Joe, thanks for that priceless nugget of info on the Miller Lineup - tucked away there in all the rest of it.

Katrina

#46023 - 10/04/06 12:59 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I don't want to get in to a full blown argument with you but I must protest.

My comment wasn't intended to be 'bitchy' as you put it but a fair comment. I too have had successive Technics Keyboards along with relevant disks from Technote. As a result I have three or four versions of Glen Miller and each one progressively better than the earlier release. That is what my comment was about, perhaps you should try a later version of the Glen Miller Disk or better still, use the excellent Glen Miller on the Kn7 itself. I've yet to hear better, even the Tyros 2 doesn't come up to its standard in my opinion.

However, I would be interested to hear what you come up with and if it is better, I'll be happy to acknowledge it.

Audrey (U.K.)

#46024 - 10/04/06 05:04 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nsr007:
Joan,

You have COMPLETELY taken my post and my reply out of context.

contrary to your statement I think Joan has hit the nail on the head

#46025 - 10/04/06 05:20 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
Hey Joan,

If Scott's post is keeping you awake at night I suggest you lighten up and get a life. Scott's original question was for help on a matter and you are trying to make his post out of something else. If you can't answer his question then you shouldn't be posting to it. I wish I had an answer for you Scott but maybe one of the very knowledgeable people on the forum will get by the pettiness of Joan. This kind of bitchiness is why I seldom bring up the forum anymore.

If all you can do when you SELDOM come on here is to insult a VALUED forum member then perhaps it's best that you stay away and not try and tell somebody what or what not they should be posting
practice what you preach

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online