Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#460168 - 10/22/18 11:49 PM Re: Casio PX560 Notes [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Bachus,
It’s been a while since I played my Genos. That said, I’m beginning to think I do prefer a keybed similar to the 560 over my Genos keybed. This isn’t a criticism of my Genos keybed...but it is different.

Sorry to hear the genos didnt work out for your needs....can you still return your new genos or is it past warranty time to return it?..or sell it instead?

I hope you get what you really enjoy playing..good luck

My Genos didn’t work out?

No, for gigging the Genos is the best. That said, I have become impressed with the 560, especially for the $$$.

There is the chance that I could use the 560 for an instrumental gig or playing with others.

But I can see how my posts would give the impression.

Edited by guitpic1 (10/23/18 04:30 AM)

#460172 - 10/23/18 04:33 AM Re: Casio PX560 Notes [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Bachus,

Good points.

What you’re suggesting might run a bit more than what I paid for the 560, and in the end, the 560, for us is a home entertainment keyboard...WITH THE POTENTIAL ...to be a gigging keyboard.

Also, if I intended to use a weighted keybed(simulated or otherwise) for gigging, I think I would be fine with 61 - 73/76 Keys keyboard...less size and weight.

It’s been a while since I played my Genos. That said, I’m beginning to think I do prefer a keybed similar to the 560 over my Genos keybed. This isn’t a criticism of my Genos keybed...but it is different.

Nearest analogy I can provide is that, for most of my life, I’ve been an acoustic string player; guitar, mandolin and banjo....to include upright bass.

I own electric guitars but never felt as connected to them as I do to my acoustic instruments.

Maybe it’s the same deal with keyboard beds?

And else... combine a top 88 key stage piano or workstation with a ketron sd90 module..

Makes sense.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online