SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#460127 - 10/22/18 10:44 AM Re: Absolutely incredible guitar player [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

I stood and listened to Kevin by Fisherman's Wharf for an hour or more, an hour well spent. Snagged a couple of his CD's as well.

#460133 - 10/22/18 11:59 AM Re: Absolutely incredible guitar player [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By 124
I stood and listened to Kevin by Fisherman's Wharf for an hour or more, an hour well spent. Snagged a couple of his CD's as well.

Too bad Im 3000 miles away ..I would love to watch him perform....
what is he doing these days still busking?..as these videos are a bit older?..

#460134 - 10/22/18 12:15 PM Re: Absolutely incredible guitar player [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas

Like my dad always told me ....
"If you stay home what do you get"? while he would show me the ZERO sign with his fingers wink ....the idea is to be seen and your exposure to the masses with your music & talent, give out business cards, networking, improve your act, etc,...odds are in your favor if you have the goods & a bit of luck...you just never know who will see you...and that goes for any gig. But one thing is FOR SURE sitting in you living room is Guaranteed to get you alot less. [/quote]

I agree with your dad but sometimes I will turn down request's to play for free. I have to figure if the time involved, set up and tear down,
and the enjoyment factor are worth it. While I have never busked, those that do and do it well definitely have my respect. I think it's good why to hone in your craft for sure.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#460143 - 10/22/18 02:48 PM Re: Absolutely incredible guitar player [Re: travlin'easy]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Miguel Montalban ϟ Sixty Sixty Sounds ϟ Interview & Live.

This interview gives you a better insight to Miguel, he's getting plenty of good paid work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4avV1BzHUX0

#460145 - 10/22/18 02:57 PM Re: Absolutely incredible guitar player [Re: Graham UK]
Dnj Offline

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/Xiv4e7y6v8k[/video]

Luv this guy's act!
Saw him many times in NYC

#460147 - 10/22/18 03:14 PM Re: Absolutely incredible guitar player [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
The guitar player is good. There are at least 10 players in every major city in the US as good or better.

He's a speed demon...lots of octaves and triple notes. Not many changes. That's the other half. He may well know and be excellent at that part of playing guitar, too, but this material, while among my favorites, is not that challenging, structurally. It's kind of like Kieth Urban and Brad Paisley. Keith plays lots of notes, but is more of a "blues changes" (read three chords) than anything more challenging.Brad knows changes. Mark Knoffler knows both, as does Rory Hoffman.

John Mayer, Vince Gill,..Tommy Emanuel...even our own Rory Hoffman are a full step above this player. Part of that's because he's young and still learning. Lots of notes are easy. Complex structure is another matter.

Very talented and pleasant to hear, but certainly not in the top 0 players in the world. He IS, HOWEVER, well on his way.

Russ

#460155 - 10/22/18 03:54 PM Re: Absolutely incredible guitar player [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By 124

Too bad Im 3000 miles away ..I would love to watch him perform....
what is he doing these days still busking?..as these videos are a bit older?..

Oh, I'm not in the area Donny, I'm 1400 miles away myself. I was down there at a conference with my daughter about five years ago. Don't know what he's doing these days. I would think he's working solid somewhere.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online