Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#459742 - 10/15/18 03:18 PM Pipes - a new sample playback machine
Torch Offline

Pipes - a new sample playback machine
This is interesting.

Pipes on Kickstarter
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#459743 - 10/15/18 03:46 PM Re: Pipes - a new sample playback machine [Re: Torch]
Dnj Offline

I have no need for it but it looks like a very cool unit you don't it new things are coming out everyday I hope it's successful..

Edited by Dnj (10/15/18 03:47 PM)

#459746 - 10/15/18 07:52 PM Re: Pipes - a new sample playback machine [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

They prolly will not reach their goal..
Its almost closing down and they are not even half way of their financial goal

More info here

https://www.pipes.rocks

Still not convinced jow this box will be different enough from other sample players

http://keyszone.boards.net

#459752 - 10/16/18 01:57 AM Re: Pipes - a new sample playback machine [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
They prolly will not reach their goal..
Its almost closing down and they are not even half way of their financial goal

More info here

https://www.pipes.rocks

Still not convinced jow this box will be different enough from other sample players

In less than 24 hours, they have reached more than 50% of their goal. 29 days to go. Technology has gotten better and cheaper since the days of vMachine and hardware based sample players. At $399, it seems pretty good for what it can do. Certainly the developer is not a keyboard player and his demos are not good, but I can see the potential of the machine.

#459775 - 10/16/18 04:03 PM Re: Pipes - a new sample playback machine [Re: Torch]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Sorry, but demos on line make this sound like and 8 bit sid chip! I hope this is just a case of poor demoing.

#459852 - 10/17/18 04:22 PM Re: Pipes - a new sample playback machine [Re: ekurburski]
Torch Offline

I agree; poor demos. Regardless, in less than 48 hours they have exceeded their financial goal; over one hundred grand. I think musicians noticed the potential of the machine; WAV, AIF, MDA, EXS, NKI, SFZ, GIG files are supported. NKI up to Kontakt 6. Probably fancy scripting will be lost, but I will be happy to just be able to run Kontakt libraries like Neo Soundstation and high quality SFZ. Besides, LV2 plugins will be fully supported.

I signed up for the 128 GB unit for $399. There are still a few units available for the price.

#459868 - 10/17/18 06:40 PM Re: Pipes - a new sample playback machine [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
I agree; poor demos. Regardless, in less than 48 hours they have exceeded their financial goal; over one hundred grand. I think musicians noticed the potential of the machine; WAV, AIF, MDA, EXS, NKI, SFZ, GIG files are supported. NKI up to Kontakt 6. Probably fancy scripting will be lost, but I will be happy to just be able to run Kontakt libraries like Neo Soundstation and high quality SFZ. Besides, LV2 plugins will be fully supported.

I signed up for the 128 GB unit for $399. There are still a few units available for the price.

Its just reading samples, and importing thoseinto its own engine
No scripting or anything as it uses those samples in its own sound engine i suppose..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online