SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#459390 - 10/10/18 04:55 AM Klaus Wunderlich on Genos by Peter G
peter G Offline

Loc: Belgium
The real Wersi Helios sound on Yamaha Genos. No pack is used, just a standard Genos. I found an old box with score's and guess what, the score of Orgel Spielen mit Klaus. Used on the euro organ in voice edit the eq and right effect, and what Klaus is using frequent, strings or trompet combined with the drawbars. So i programmed the Helios Trumpet and combined it. For the drums I used the drummachine sound and edited it until you get the CX2 sound. And all mixed you get the real Helis sound. At first i programmed only the bass, and left hand played in broken chords, bu then the style wouldn't follow. So unfortunatly i hade to program the left hand as wel in the style... Rofa bossa nova and Klausi are comming up.... And there is only the bass in the style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nufy0sJLkNs

#459391 - 10/10/18 05:34 AM Re: Klaus Wunderlich on Genos by Peter G [Re: peter G]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Nice playing and I enjoyed it, but the Genos is no Helios (The Yamaha Euro organs are awful representations of Wersi instruments) and falls well short sound wise.
The best Klaus (Wersi) sounds I ever heard on a Yamaha were produced by Leigh Wilbraham, which really are top notch. (Forget the Yamaha Euro organs as they match none of the main organs ever built in Europe)

Bill

#459393 - 10/10/18 05:55 AM Re: Klaus Wunderlich on Genos by Peter G [Re: abacus]
peter G Offline

Loc: Belgium
I started with the Euro organs and went thrue voice edit. Believe me, i hade a wersi Helios and Delta, i know how a wersi sounds. Hade also the original recording from Klaus and the sound is exactly the same. This IS hte real Helios sound. However, the euro organ is indeed far from a Wersi. But once edited you can get the real sound.

#459396 - 10/10/18 06:16 AM Re: Klaus Wunderlich on Genos by Peter G [Re: peter G]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Peter

I also have the recording, and have built and played various Wersi instruments over the last 40 years or so, and while the performance is good, it is not a Helios or a totally accurate representation of the recording.
Be interesting to see what others think, here is the original recording https://app.box.com/s/lg2zdvj0fw82b7ytf2fiyfpyt2pwc1t2

Bill

#459397 - 10/10/18 06:20 AM Re: Klaus Wunderlich on Genos by Peter G [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

clap

#459440 - 10/10/18 10:01 PM Re: Klaus Wunderlich on Genos by Peter G [Re: peter G]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
clap
Excellent!!!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online