SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#459251 - 10/08/18 07:42 AM Vacation Home Arranger KB Free Standing Case?
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I plan on leaving a PSR-S910 at a vacation home but want it protected from children and pets while I'm away. Does anyone know of a manufacturer (or set of plans) that will allow the KB and it's stand to be left free-standing and locked? An opening in the back for cables that can also be closed would be nice.

Otherwise, I'll have to design my own. Thanks, ----Dave

#459305 - 10/09/18 05:04 AM Re: Vacation Home Arranger KB Free Standing Case? [Re: Riceroni9]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Get some 1X2 lumber and 1/4" plywood. Make a tray style case with latches of your choice. Hinged style lock if needed. If the tray section is still too deep to play the keys line it with some firm foam or even a folded towel. Drill holes large enough in the back of the tray section for cables and paint the whole thing a color to match the room. Cost maybe $40 depending on the latches.
Important to make sure its on a stable stand or attached to a wall so it can't be pulled over

#459326 - 10/09/18 08:23 AM Re: Vacation Home Arranger KB Free Standing Case? [Re: Riceroni9]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I would get something similar to a grill, lawn furniture cover, and lock up or take the power supply with me.

Regards,

Jerry

Attachments
Grill cover.jpg

#459344 - 10/09/18 11:59 AM Re: Vacation Home Arranger KB Free Standing Case? [Re: Riceroni9]
Riceroni9 Offline

Thanks, Bill and Gerry:

Sounds very much like what I envisioned for a winter evening project. I'm wanting the KB enclosure to make it child proof for the protection of my gear and all concerned. I was hoping there might already be something commercially available but that would be a pretty limited market, wouldn't it? LOL!

Not sure how I'll make it tilt proof but I'll sure keep that in mind. I don't own the property but maybe my daughter would allow fastening it to the wall in a closet. (Did anyone say put the darn thing on casters?) Harbor Freight is usually pretty reasonable.

All the best,

----Dave Rice

#459346 - 10/09/18 12:04 PM Re: Vacation Home Arranger KB Free Standing Case? [Re: Riceroni9]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Dave, I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances but seems to me it would be a lot less hassle just to pack it up and take with. I mean, what's a S910, 25 lbs?

chas

#459359 - 10/09/18 02:47 PM Re: Vacation Home Arranger KB Free Standing Case? [Re: Riceroni9]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Dave
Making it tilt proof is the easiest part of the project. Just get some sort of a strap ( old shoulder strap you can cut up or short piece of small chain ) screw it to the back of the case and find a spot in the wall with a stud. Screw it in there and your done. One small hole in the wall, no big deal.
Another way would be to get an L bracket and screw that to the bottom of the case and then to the wall.
You can also get a commercially made tray style hard case but that will probably go for about $175 or more. NY Case Company does custom cases.

Edited by Bill Lewis (10/09/18 02:51 PM)

#459392 - 10/10/18 05:49 AM Re: Vacation Home Arranger KB Free Standing Case? [Re: Riceroni9]
Riceroni9 Offline

Hi Chas:

The idea is to never have to move it and all the attendant stuff, mic stand, KB support stand, recording gear, etc. When "age" begins to creep into the overall picture, arthritis, back problems and who knows what's next, LOL... I want to know it is there, waiting for me when I visit the Ranch. Without it, when there is time, I'll have nothing to do except play chess on my iPad.

...and by the way, it isn't my Ranch or Cabin so the owners permission is part of the equation. They may tell me to keep my junk in my own trunk at my own domicile! But then they would risk being struck out of my will! LOL!

Wish I was young again, like you, my friend.

----"Older than Dirt Dave"

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online