SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#459290 - 10/08/18 05:24 PM My grandson has one just like that...?
Dnj Offline

Has anyone ever came up to you and said that to you they see black and white keys and make the assumption that they are all the same when obviously they are not and they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about...? And you're sitting there with a $5,000 genos pissed off like hell mad .... Lol

So annoying

Thoughts?

Edited by Dnj (10/08/18 05:58 PM)

#459291 - 10/08/18 05:37 PM Re: My grandson has one just like that...? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
"Oh, how nice!"

#459297 - 10/08/18 09:52 PM Re: My grandson has one just like that...? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

In essentials they are all the same, when you push there is a sound...

Just show you grandson models of a T-ford and a Lamborghini and ask him if there is a difference...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#459303 - 10/09/18 04:23 AM Re: My grandson has one just like that...? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
How do you know for sure her grandson DOESN'T have one 'just like that'. You might be surprised what some well-to-do parents (and grandparents) lavish on their kids. Don't get " pissed off like hell" just because you had to WORK for yours smile. You should've had rich parents......like your 'prez' smile.

chas

#459304 - 10/09/18 04:53 AM Re: My grandson has one just like that...? [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
How do you know for sure her grandson DOESN'T have one 'just like that'. You might be surprised what some well-to-do parents (and grandparents) lavish on their kids. Don't get " pissed off like hell" just because you had to WORK for yours smile. You should've had rich parents......like your 'prez' smile.

chas

Chas because secondly she said............

"oh yes even the keys light up pretty colors too" surprised

#459307 - 10/09/18 05:09 AM Re: My grandson has one just like that...? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

Okay, so maybe he had the prototype of the Genos II smile.

chas

#459308 - 10/09/18 05:52 AM Re: My grandson has one just like that...? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Has anyone ever came up to you and said that to you they see black and white keys and make the assumption that they are all the same when obviously they are not and they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about...? And you're sitting there with a $5,000 genos pissed off like hell mad .... Lol

So annoying

Thoughts?

Donny, Is this a hypothetical question or did this in fact happen to you or someone you know?

With just about any Arranger I’ve used it gigs I got more comments along the line that said, “you look like you’re at the controls of a space ship.”

A long a little different line when I worked for the Steinway Hammond Organ dealer in the 70s some very well off couple came in saw the off white baby grand piano and bought it. The catch is neither one played nor did anyone in the family and no one is going to take lessons. They wanted it for show. What’s comical is they also said it would mandatory that we supply at least one piece of sheet music so they could display it on the music rack. Hey no problem folks you’re spending $6000 for a piano, we’ll actually give you a few volumes of sheet music. smile smile

Edited by Stephenm52 (10/09/18 05:54 AM)

#459309 - 10/09/18 05:58 AM Re: My grandson has one just like that...? [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Dnj

Okay, so maybe he had the prototype of the Genos II smile.

chas

Ouch! cry

#459313 - 10/09/18 06:51 AM Re: My grandson has one just like that...? [Re: Stephenm52]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
[/quote]
A long a little different line when I worked for the Steinway Hammond Organ dealer in the 70s some very well off couple came in saw the off white baby grand piano and bought it. The catch is neither one played [/quote]

Burt Reynolds once bought three Hammond organs ($20,000+ each) from my sister. One for his dad and two for girlfriends. I don't think any of recipients played.

#459316 - 10/09/18 07:37 AM Re: My grandson has one just like that...? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I only heard that statement once in 30 years. When the lady said this to me I replied "Wow - really nice of you to spend $2,200 on him for his birthday." She was shocked and said, well his only cost $99 at Walmart. I guess they're not the same."

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online