SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#459080 - 10/04/18 08:19 AM Re: OT: Trigger Finger Surgery? [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Originally Posted By Dnj
Do you think these symptoms are related to playing the keyboard or something else at this time.....
get well all soon.

From my point of view I did a lot of work at the computer when I worked in sales, then when I changed careers and entered the computer support management field for 15 years I was at the computer keyboard constantly. Even though retired from full time work I spend lots of time at the keyboard either playing or at gigs and a lot of the other times I'm still at the computer keyboard , My wife tells me I get carried away once I sit and play the piano or arranger, I spend hours at it and she thinks I need to cut back. Yea I will cut back on the 12th of never. smile smile

Dave Rice thanks for sharing your experience. I called the surgeon's office this morning and cancelled the date I set up for surgery.

Steve would a lighter keybed help at all like a S975 or Pa1000?
maybe time to change?

#459090 - 10/04/18 01:11 PM Re: OT: Trigger Finger Surgery? [Re: Stephenm52]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I'll venture a guess and blame my tingling fingers on both hands squarely at the feet of the Game of Golf. I don't play the keyboard well enough to "pound the keys" with sufficient force to cause bodily harm... LOL!

Now that I have also injured my back because of the twisting motion of the golf swing... coupled with old age... I'll have to "bite the bullet" and just say, "Thanks for the memories, Mr. Golf!" It was fun while it lasted. Those pristine mornings with the old foursome were wonderful when coupled with all the silly side-bets and general BS we shared.

Stephen, I hope I have not accidentally "led you astray." I'm not a Doctor... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once! After reading Gary's link about Raynaud's... I don't believe I have that problem either. The warm water treatment sounds intriguing if it does not cause me to wet my shorts. Remember those days when, as campers, we would fill a bowl with warm water and find some poor schnook still sleeping and put the bowl under their outstretched hand? Nine times out of ten, they would quickly run for the out-house.

Have a great weekend, guys. ----Dave Rice

Edited by Riceroni9 (10/04/18 01:12 PM)

#459091 - 10/04/18 03:12 PM Re: OT: Trigger Finger Surgery? [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny,

I was in Florida recently for a few weeks and had acces and did play the s970 that did not make a difference.

Dave Rice,

No your post did not discourage me. I was not completely sold on surgery and called it off. My problem is not so bad that I can’t live with it. I did get a call from a SZ member earlier today, he said he had the surgery on both hands a couple of years ago and is doing fine.

Ekuburski, Good luck with your xrays and diagnosis.

#459097 - 10/04/18 09:38 PM Re: OT: Trigger Finger Surgery? [Re: Stephenm52]
Mark79100 Offline

Steve......forgot to mention the most important thing that helped me overcome. I changed computer keyboards. Tried almost everything I could find in the stores. Then I found the perfect one for people with like hand conditions. It's the Logitech K750...about $75. The keys are closer to the bed so the fingers don't have to move as much. That with proper finger positioning and a conscious effort to lighten my strokes I think is what helped me the most. That was a cheap cure.....$75!

#459102 - 10/05/18 03:15 AM Re: OT: Trigger Finger Surgery? [Re: Mark79100]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Mark79100
Steve......forgot to mention the most important thing that helped me overcome. I changed computer keyboards. Tried almost everything I could find in the stores. Then I found the perfect one for people with like hand conditions. It's the Logitech K750...about $75. The keys are closer to the bed so the fingers don't have to move as much. That with proper finger positioning and a conscious effort to lighten my strokes I think is what helped me the most. That was a cheap cure.....$75!

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. Yes $75 is a cheap cure.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online