SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#458789 - 09/27/18 03:17 PM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Are we talking the same thing - Ajamsonic RAM INS voice, loaded into onboard user memory?

Please explain to me the steps how to edit this.

#458792 - 09/27/18 06:18 PM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: Henni]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Henni,
I don't know about the Audya - but yes on my SD7 - there were many AJAMSONIC voices that played in the wrong octave and I was able to move them up or down as needed.

I no longer have the SD7 so I can't give you a step by step procedure.

Deane

#458802 - 09/27/18 11:15 PM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
So funny that in all these years AJ would not never bother to answer this specific question about his own voices - and I have posted it over here on numerous occasions before...

I cannot find a way direct on the Audya to edit these RAM INS voices. And yes, some DO play in the wrong octave if you want to assign them direct to styles like i.e. all the AJAMSONIC guitar voices.

With non-Audya styles, you can scale the style voices in 3rd party programs. However, the moment the Audya so much as touches a style, it can no longer be opened by those programs (none of those can handle an Audya style) and Ketron's Style Compiler does not have the option to scale style voices.

So I'm stuck with the most awesome guitar voices that cannot be assigned to any onboard style part as is. They are useful for nothing apart for assigning it to the right hand voices which is not what I intend to use them for.

I have always stated that Ketron arrangers cannot be equalled for realism, but it is small things like the above that takes the joy out of using it to create something to my specific liking...

#458806 - 09/28/18 05:57 AM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: Henni]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Henni,

I think you got me with this one. Two issues on my end. I don't have an Audya to mess with frown As you mentioned, it does sound like you might be trying to do something that is a little different from what I tried. I was just poking around looking at the "RAM INS" folder but at this point can't explain how those map and how/if they could be modified in any way.

Now, I'm on a mission to better understand that section of the unit now that you pointed it out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online