SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#458682 - 09/25/18 11:57 PM Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
1. Is there an equivalent to Style Compiler for the SD7 or SD9?
2. What tool can be used to scale Audya style parts up or down by an ocrave?
3. Is it possible to scale certain Ajamsonic voices up or down by an octave (and save to another name off course)?

I asked some of the above before without receiving any feedack - hopefully this time I'll get some.

#458692 - 09/26/18 05:20 AM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: Henni]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Henni - I can't answer the first two but tell me more about #3. Can you share which voice(s) you are interested in changing? I'm going to say the answer is yes but I'd like to try it here first and then I'll come back and confirm that I was able to change the octave on the voices you mention.

Edited by IMMusic_Curt (09/26/18 05:20 AM)

#458695 - 09/26/18 06:15 AM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: Henni]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

The quick answer is YES; you can change the octave. Touch and hold the voice you are interested in for a couple of seconds, and a new screen will open showing the components that make up that voice. The fourth column labeled "Shift" will allow you to raise or lower each element of the sound.

Give it a shot and report back if that's what you are looking to do?

#458696 - 09/26/18 06:17 AM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Henni Offline

Hi Curt,

The Ajamsonic package has some beautiful sampled guitar voices. However, they all play one octave too low.

I would like to assign all onboard style guitar voices to those, but first I either have to transpose all the style guitar voices or the onboard Ajamsonic guitar voices direct.

Transposing the voices would by far be the easier and preferred way.

Thank you for your advice - I'm going to give it a try and will report back.

Kind regards,

Henni

#458719 - 09/26/18 12:13 PM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: Henni]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
When I first got my SD7 I was not aware of an issue with the SD7 OS which was the OS looks for voices as they appear within a specific voice folder. Example - piano folder might contain 30 voices "out of the box". So, you the new user change the octave of a voice and save it as a user voice in the piano folder - guess what - that changes the position of every voice in the piano folder which means styles might not have the desired piano voice when selected.

The solution to this problem is to number every voice in every folder so they stay in sequence and add new user created voices at the end to the list. It works great once you get it started.

I absolutely loved my SD7 and recently sold it to Don Mason. I ordered the new Ketron SD90 module to replace the SD7. The first thing I will do is make sure I number every voice in every voice folder. I use a computer connection to do this and it is very simple to do.

When I get my SD90 I will post my experiences with it.

Deane

#458727 - 09/26/18 01:57 PM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: hammer]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
When I first got my SD7 I was not aware of an issue with the SD7 OS which was the OS looks for voices as they appear within a specific voice folder. Example - piano folder might contain 30 voices "out of the box". So, you the new user change the octave of a voice and save it as a user voice in the piano folder - guess what - that changes the position of every voice in the piano folder which means styles might not have the desired piano voice when selected.

The solution to this problem is to number every voice in every folder so they stay in sequence and add new user created voices at the end to the list. It works great once you get it started.

I absolutely loved my SD7 and recently sold it to Don Mason. I ordered the new Ketron SD90 module to replace the SD7. The first thing I will do is make sure I number every voice in every voice folder. I use a computer connection to do this and it is very simple to do.

When I get my SD90 I will post my experiences with it.

Deane

This actually is something ketron has to take care off..
Its unacceptable for such an expensive instrument..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458731 - 09/26/18 02:28 PM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: Henni]
hammer Offline

Yes Bachus, I agree. I have had many conversations with AJ about this issue. Until I learned how to prevent the problem is caused me a lot of hours retweaking my gig setups. But eventually it all worked out. It is what it is.

Deane

#458738 - 09/26/18 04:38 PM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By IMMusic_Curt
The quick answer is YES; you can change the octave. Touch and hold the voice you are interested in for a couple of seconds, and a new screen will open showing the components that make up that voice. The fourth column labeled "Shift" will allow you to raise or lower each element of the sound.

Hi Curt,

It does not work. I have no onboard option to edit the Ajamsonic voices.

Regards,

Henni

#458756 - 09/27/18 04:12 AM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: Henni]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Originally Posted By Henni
Originally Posted By IMMusic_Curt

Hi Curt,

It does not work. I have no onboard option to edit the Ajamsonic voices.

Regards,

Henni

Hmm - Which Ketron unit are you working on? I tested on our SD40.

#458757 - 09/27/18 05:55 AM Re: Some questions to Ketron affiliated folks [Re: Henni]
hammer Offline

I was able to edit the AJAMSONIC voices on my SD7.

Deane

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online