Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#458212 - 09/17/18 12:37 PM V-Console for Genos
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

#458214 - 09/17/18 01:28 PM Re: V-Console for Genos [Re: Mikem]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Interesting. I wonder if this becomes a part of the Genos OS?

It’s not a separate piece of hardware, right?

Anyway, Genos must be incredibly successful. There are tons of first and third party add ons.

#458220 - 09/17/18 03:49 PM Re: V-Console for Genos [Re: guitpic1]
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
V-Console is software running on a Windows 10 touch screen 10" or larger. A cable connects it to Genos allowing access to all Genos
voices and controls without the limitation of 3 upper and 1 lower voice etc.
regards, charles

#458309 - 09/19/18 09:08 AM Re: V-Console for Genos [Re: Mikem]
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
I have a Genos and a V-Console. It is a great addition to the keyboard. Not cheap and has a big learning curve. It has been converted from the software written for the Tyros 5 and has a few annomolies that did not convert properly. I phoned the developer and an update will be coming soon. You can create a HUGE sound by creating a full octave above and below each sound giving a choardal effect, and this can be done on multiple of different sounds at the same time, including the left hand sounds. However solo sounds are also used. You choose where each sounds occur, left or right or both, and these are added to whatever sounds are already being played by the Tyros 5 or Genos. Registrations can be saved of your setups which can be used in a variety of ways. The only downside that I have found is that if the registration on the Tyros/Genos contains a midi file it changes all the sounds that you have setup on the V-Console to a piano sound. I have duplicated my registration set and then taken out the midi file and saved the set as V-Console specific.
There is a UTube demonstration given by John Beesley, the developer. There are a variety of ways of using this software. You can define which notes play the sounds, anywhere on the keyboard as well as being able to effect whether the sound is heard or not by playing harder or softer on the keys. You can use 2 keyboards midied together in an organ style confrigration, with or without a midi pedalboard. The sounds can be put anywhere on the 2 keyboards. You can buy a dedicated tablet with all the wires etc required or buy the software and put it on your own windows touch screen pad.
The sounds that play are the Tyros/Genos sounds, including the ones you have in your expansion area. You add in your expansion patches from your keyboard into the software making your patches map unique. All the factory sounds of the keyboard are already integrated into the software. I bought my setup second hand and the developer is still happy to help me.
I am not near my keyboard as I'm on vacation in Florida at the moment. I usually reside in Uk. The power for the console comes from USB so a uk version should work in USA.
Sorry for the long post but not much is written about this software so I thought I would give you some info.
Cheers
Carol

#458329 - 09/19/18 11:58 AM Re: V-Console for Genos [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Thanks for your update Carol...

And you are right, not much is written about the software
And even less is demonstrated on youtube

However this remains a very intersting development

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458335 - 09/19/18 01:51 PM Re: V-Console for Genos [Re: Bachus]
tyroschuck Offline

Carol, thanks for the post. Would it be feasible to use a mouse instead of a touch screen to set up the registers and save them for future use?
thanks, charles

Edited by tyroschuck (09/19/18 02:01 PM)

#458336 - 09/19/18 02:13 PM Re: V-Console for Genos [Re: tyroschuck]
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
It can be used via computer typing but would not be easy to use on the fly, which otherwise would be easy to do on a touch screen. It works like the old registration type stops on an Organ EL90 style etc. You can touch the screen to activate different sounds preprogrammed into the different stops. You can have different registrations of preprogrammed stops, I.e. Jazz, Lounge, Pop, etc which you can make yourself. Some sets of preprogrammed stops come with the software.
You can also use in tandem with a tyros/Genos reg by having it called the same Number I.e 001Bye by love on Tyros/Genos and 001Bye by love on V-console. This way the registrations can be changed on the tyros/Genos by foot pedal or touching the reg buttons. This way makes the tyros/Genos the master.
Other ways makes the V-console the master.

Don't think it would work via a mouse though.
Cheers Carol

#458339 - 09/19/18 03:07 PM Re: V-Console for Genos [Re: UkTexan]
tyroschuck Offline

Carol, I was thinking of using a mouse to select the sounds for a registration, saving it on a USB. Then I could select from the Genos and use registration sequence to play them. Hope this is understandable.
thanks, charles

#458340 - 09/19/18 04:07 PM Re: V-Console for Genos [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

Thank you for your knowledgeable input, Carol! smile

#458345 - 09/19/18 06:53 PM Re: V-Console for Genos [Re: Mikem]
tyroschuck Offline

Carol, ordered the V console. Thank you for your help.
regards, charles

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online