SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#457871 - 09/11/18 04:52 AM Trevor Brown at Seacroft
Tonewheeldude Offline

I was over at Seacroft yesterday (Keyboard Cavalcades 100th anniversary). Was good to see some of the old faces (literally). Many of those in attendance are struggling to read music due to age and sight loss, its upsetting.

My Father, Trevor Brown, as well as being part of the UK Ketron Team is one of the magazine contributors and writes tuition articles and musical arrangements. Last month he decided to use larger music specifically for those readers who are finding standard music difficult to read. The response was so good he came up with this idea;

The music is stored within registrations, so pulling up a reg automatically displays the music on the 24" monitor. There is no need for a tablet or computer, its all done on the keyboard. He has also added a huge music library (without sheet music due to copyright) which sets up the keyboard styles and sounds (4 sounds on arranger). He is showing people how to use their digital camera to snap a photo of their sheet music, put it on the SD9 screen and overwrite the music library registrations to quickly create their own on screen music library. He is also offering a scanning service so they dont have to worry.

Others have tried it using separate tablets, but its too much for the average home player who struggles with technology anyway. Trevor's system is amazingly simple.

I thought you might like to see for yourselves. He has put together a realy good package, with stand, gas arm for monitor, Surround sound system and SD9 with song library and his own sheet music built in.

Attachments
sd9_174810.jpg

sd9_175917.jpg

#457873 - 09/11/18 05:23 AM Re: Trevor Brown at Seacroft [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Great idea and use of today’s technology. Kudos to Trevor! cool

#457881 - 09/11/18 06:49 AM Re: Trevor Brown at Seacroft [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Dnj Offline

nice set up but inappropriate for stage work as the player is totally blocked from view with that monster screen??

#457882 - 09/11/18 07:19 AM Re: Trevor Brown at Seacroft [Re: Dnj]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
nice set up but inappropriate for stage work as the player is totally blocked from view with that monster screen??

Odd thing is, in the UK almost all of the Organ Societies prefer the artist the opposite way around so they can see the instrument and the players hands and feet. But you are correct and this is specifically for the home enthusiast.

#457884 - 09/11/18 07:32 AM Re: Trevor Brown at Seacroft [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Tonewheeldude
Originally Posted By Dnj

Odd thing is, in the UK almost all of the Organ Societies prefer the artist the opposite way around so they can see the instrument and the players hands and feet. But you are correct and this is specifically for the home enthusiast.

Yes I have noticed that when watching players from across the pond...personally I memorize anything I play or sing so I can be FREE to play and express to whoever is in front of me listening or dancing etc,etc,..but we are all different and as always bottom line is when you close your eyes what does it sound like headphone
not how it's done...thank you for sharing I love seeing different setups of all kinds.

#457916 - 09/11/18 10:46 AM Re: Trevor Brown at Seacroft [Re: Tonewheeldude]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Most players on the concert circuit have their own projector and screen (Or one is provided by the venue) so that you can see everything the player is doing. (A lot also play facing the audience with either a projector as above or mirrors behind, which is the common position in Europe)

The main thing with the UK (And America as well with organ play) is that a lot of the players come from (And may even still play) a theatre organ background, (Or they began on a theatre organ) where the console is fixed and so you have no option but to have your back to the audience. (Just like a church organ)

Bill

#457917 - 09/11/18 10:50 AM Re: Trevor Brown at Seacroft [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Most players on the concert circuit have their own projector and screen (Or one is provided by the venue) so that you can see everything the player is doing. (A lot also play facing the audience with either a projector as above or mirrors behind, which is the common position in Europe)

The main thing with the UK (And America as well with organ play) is that a lot of the players come from (And may even still play) a theatre organ background, (Or they began on a theatre organ) where the console is fixed and so you have no option but to have your back to the audience. (Just like a church organ)

Bill

Bill understood thanx for the clarification..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online