SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#457872 - 09/11/18 05:13 AM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Dnj]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Its funny....what goes around comes around. Ketron (distributed through Solton) pioneered the arranger...and guess what the format was? Modules.

They were originally designed for Accordionists. Google Disco 64 or Solton Polyvox.

Attachments
solton_disco64.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

#457877 - 09/11/18 05:56 AM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Tonewheeldude]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By Tonewheeldude
Its funny....what goes around comes around. Ketron (distributed through Solton) pioneered the arranger...and guess what the format was? Modules.

They were originally designed for Accordionists. Google Disco 64 or Solton Polyvox.

According to the details I can find they came out in the early 80s, however some organ manufactures made similar in the 70s, so I wouldn’t say Solton pioneered them. (Primarily a European idea though)

Bill

#457911 - 09/11/18 10:29 AM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Dnj]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Hmm. I've seen some pretty amazing old-tech hardware arrangers too. The MTI Auto-Orchestra and Farfisa 7x (later 7x-II) come to mind. Not sure if these were before or after the Polyvox, but these things were arranger modules in every sense. They were quite expensive in their day, but when you consider that they were replacing paid band members, I guess the economics made sense for some!

Edited by TedS (09/11/18 10:53 AM)

#457914 - 09/11/18 10:43 AM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

How many remember the Roland DISCOVER M module? wink

Attachments
discover5m_angle_main.jpg

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online