Topic Options
#457965 - 09/12/18 06:06 AM Re: Operating system update 1.30 for SD7 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

keys

Edited by Dnj (09/13/18 11:04 AM)

#457983 - 09/12/18 03:38 PM Re: Operating system update 1.30 for SD7 [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One of the really great new features in this update is that you can save Five sounds in the Registration, on the right side of the screen. You don't have to leave the Registration menu to change sounds.
You can still go to the main screen and access the four sounds that are associated with the Style. This gives you nine sounds to associate with each Registration, any of them a touch away. Big improvement!

#457985 - 09/12/18 04:02 PM Re: Operating system update 1.30 for SD7 [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
One of the really great new features in this update is that you can save Five sounds in the Registration, on the right side of the screen. You don't have to leave the Registration menu to change sounds.
You can still go to the main screen and access the four sounds that are associated with the Style. This gives you nine sounds to associate with each Registration, any of them a touch away. Big improvement!

That is huge for live playing gigs Don Bravo Ketron !

Edited by Dnj (09/13/18 06:17 AM)

#457991 - 09/12/18 09:32 PM Re: Operating system update 1.30 for SD7 [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Is there a way to add several registrations to a single performance, just like Yamaha does? currently the REgistrations memmory feels more like the set list/songbook of my pa4x..

yamaha registrations are as we all know very very versatile, and can be used for almost everything, not just sound swithces but also variation changes and on and on and on...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#457992 - 09/12/18 11:12 PM Re: Operating system update 1.30 for SD7 [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

Is there a way to add several registrations to a single performance, just like Yamaha does? currently the REgistrations memmory feels more like the set list/songbook of my pa4x..

yamaha registrations are as we all know very very versatile, and can be used for almost everything, not just sound swithces but also variation changes and on and on and on...

The only way I would see to do that would be make several registrations with the same name and then followed with numbers, 1,2,3.etc. You could have the registration screen open and easily switch between them.
It is quite similar to the Songbook on PA4X.

#457993 - 09/12/18 11:14 PM Re: Operating system update 1.30 for SD7 [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

After three days I have a total of about 200 registrations, many with text files attached. A lot of them can be used for more than one song of course. Two of those days were pretty much spent in learning curve.

#457995 - 09/13/18 01:48 AM Re: Operating system update 1.30 for SD7 [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

The only way I would see to do that would be make several registrations with the same name and then followed with numbers, 1,2,3.etc. You could have the registration screen open and easily switch between them.
It is quite similar to the Songbook on PA4X.

Thank you..
Thats what i concluded from the information in the manuall..
Well, its not what Yamaha offers, but it works for me in the pa4x

Having 5 extra sounds... is great tough..
And using the syle buttons is easy enough for stylechanges..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458022 - 09/13/18 10:51 AM Re: Operating system update 1.30 for SD7 [Re: DonM]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
After three days I have a total of about 200 registrations, many with text files attached. A lot of them can be used for more than one song of course. Two of those days were pretty much spent in learning curve.

Don - I'm curious what you use the *.txt file for?

Edited by IMMusic_Curt (09/13/18 10:54 AM)

#458024 - 09/13/18 11:03 AM Re: Operating system update 1.30 for SD7 [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By IMMusic_Curt

Don - I'm curious what you use the *.txt file for?

TXT=LYRICS wink

Edited by Dnj (09/13/18 11:03 AM)

#458041 - 09/13/18 04:55 PM Re: Operating system update 1.30 for SD7 [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Since I became a musician, about 60 years ago, I have saved the words and chord changes for every song I've learned along the way. Originally they were hand written or typed and kept in loose leaf binders.
About the time computers became semi-affordable my collection of binders got too big and cumbersome to haul around. I slowly and steadily typed them all into the computer, first using Word Perfect and later MS Word. When arrangers started having the capacity to display text files, I converted most of my library to text (txt) format, because that is what they read. I started doing them one by one and later found a conversion tool in MS Word that did batch conversions, so you could do a whole folder at a time.
Over the years I've accumulated a vast library of lyrics. Nobody can remember every song, so I often use them when playing requests. It's really neat to be able to push a registration button and have the keyboard totally ready to play the song, plus display the lyrics. In addition I still have the entire library on my laptop. The advantage of having them in the keyboard is that the audience doesn't see you reading lyrics and the audiences' view is not blocked.
Most manufacturers call the lyrics embedded in midi files "lyrics", as opposed to Text.
There are still some arrangers that do not have this capacity to display text files, so that is a consideration when I choose what to play.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online