SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#457810 - 09/10/18 11:20 AM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Dnj]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
I heard it 20 yeares ago , and nothing was basicly changed

#457812 - 09/10/18 11:31 AM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: synerjim]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By synerjim
Friends, anybody here who can lead me to an individual or a shop who converts AKB into modules? I need to convert my PA1000 into a module and just don't have the audacity to do that.

I decided not to cut up my pa4x...
I might loose to much money..
I dont think it sells well

Better to buy a ketron module...

Modules are great...
But mostly since there are no 88 key arrangers...

Aktough combining a nord stage... with a ketron sd90 module, a laptop and some (synth) modules starts sounding awfully sweet...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#457814 - 09/10/18 11:58 AM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

Aktough combining a nord stage... with a ketron sd90 module, a laptop and some (synth) modules starts sounding awfully sweet...

Hurry!

Edited by Dnj (09/10/18 11:59 AM)

#457823 - 09/10/18 01:13 PM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Hurry!

No....

#457826 - 09/10/18 01:49 PM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Hurry!

No....

Glad you love your current setup... Enjoy

#457844 - 09/10/18 03:32 PM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Other than Ketron, not much for us nursing home/assisted living group.

Don’t get me wrong, I may still try to snag an SD40/90 module...just wish I could make it pay.

Edited by guitpic1 (09/10/18 03:32 PM)

#457853 - 09/10/18 04:51 PM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
One day, in the not too distant future, there will be a USB connection gadget that is the size of a pack of cigarettes that will provide everything you need using nothing more than a controller.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#457855 - 09/10/18 05:46 PM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
One day, in the not too distant future, there will be a USB connection gadget that is the size of a pack of cigarettes that will provide everything you need using nothing more than a controller.

Gary cool

Hurry while I'm still alive lol

#457860 - 09/10/18 09:31 PM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj

Hurry!

No....

Glad you love your current setup... Enjoy

Yes if i change i will change for the change...
and because i barely use the pa4x keys...

#457862 - 09/10/18 09:49 PM Re: Modules should be the future of arrangers... [Re: synerjim]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By synerjim
Ted, I've been using Ketron modules (MJ, MJPro, SD40) for quite a while now and the MJPro is almost perfect for me, however there's some features on the Korg that I need (TC Helicon, more realtime buttons, etc). I travel locally and overseas once a while and I need a compact, portable rig that I can carry on with me on flights. I love the convenience of an all-in-one AKB but the weight and size is becoming issue for me plus the hassle of taking them on flights.
My main rig now is a Ketron MidJayPro and Nektar Impact 61 key controller. I'm a minimalist and had considered the BK-7m but you need to add an external vocal processor/harmonizer and external display to show lyrics.
Jimmy, since you and I have an SD40, I think I know exactly where you are coming from. Some of the Russians on Youtube who chop off all kinds of arranger keyboards can do this very easily, I am sure. I understand you are in the LA area? I know a technician who is more than qualified to do the job and he might do it for you. Next week, I am traveling to LA to meet up with friends. I am going to swing by and see the technician. He had done fantastic jobs before for me, and he is currently doing some mod work on my electronic instruments. Right now, he is building a circuit board and writing software for it for a gentleman who wanted some mod work on his instrument. The gentleman himself is in the field of designing computer chips and he said to me earlier this evening that probably there is no other technician in the country who can do what this technician is capable of doing. If you PM me, I will give you more detail info.

Chris
PS: I meant to ask you; have you controlled the PA1000 from an external keyboard controller and tried all the functions and the vocal harmonizer so that you know it works well as a module?

Edited by Torch (09/10/18 10:10 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online