Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#458639 - 09/25/18 07:41 AM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By abacus
HI Bachus

What you say is correct, but you have forgotten one vitally important problem, and it has nothing to do with software, (As you say that is easy to implement) it’s the fact that there are 3 separate teams at work here (Piano, Synth & Arranger) which would need to be combined, and this would become extremely problematical as jobs would be duplicated, different philosophy’s would not go well together (Which could mean some of the top designers going elsewhere) and redundancy’s would have to be made, this is further complicated as the design teams in big companies are spread worldwide, so it would take considerable restructuring (And financial resources) to achieve, then there is the problem that profits would fall as they would only be selling one type of instrument rather than 3, so don’t expect any changes in the near future.
As technology advances the instruments will automatically be combined into a new single venture (Any name suggestions) with one new design team, (This will be because of consumer demand (Basically the young get older and the oldies die off) as styles change) however it will probably be some time yet as the move will be generational. (Whichever way you look at it, the instruments we play today are a dying (As are their players) but it is always difficult to predict how much time they have left)

Bill

Actually there is 4 teams with yamaha...

One team that develops all the technical features and programming..

And then there are the teams that implement them into the keyboards.. this team also works closely together with the content teams..

But all the technical parts and programming come from one single team... there is for example one AWM2 engine in both montage as modx as psr as genos.. all the same engine.. comming from one team..

The product team decides on sub features, like edditing capabilities, and the technical team implements them again in the product.. so if an arranger team decides there needs to be a feature from the montage in the genos2... its teh same technical team that implements it...

We also know that the synth product team is in the US, the arranger team is in Germany and the piano team is in Japan.. all teams also have an extension at the Japan headquarters.. that closely works together with the technical team

You have confirmed what I said; all manufactures have different teams all over the world that would need to be combined.
BTW Virtually all of the sounds and features for Yamaha arrangers (Particularly the top models) are done by the UK team, with input also from Germany.

Bill

You obviously did not understand what i said...

As there is a single team at yamaha that builds all the instruments
The other parts of the teams are mostly content related..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458640 - 09/25/18 07:43 AM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

All your MOXD. Questions answered by Don Sigilas (Yamaha)

#458665 - 09/25/18 01:47 PM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: Bachus]
mweuch Offline

So does the MODX have some simple arranger function such as playing four to eight arpeggios together and follow your left hand playing chord changes without sounding weird? Thanks

#458684 - 09/26/18 12:46 AM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: mweuch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By mweuch
So does the MODX have some simple arranger function such as playing four to eight arpeggios together and follow your left hand playing chord changes without sounding weird? Thanks

You can set arpeggio’s to follow a left hand chord progression..
You can assign 8 parts to the keyboard
All parts can have arps
You can use scenes to chnge sthe arps/part
But if you have 8 arps assigned, there is no room left for normal parts..

#458714 - 09/26/18 11:19 AM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Top knotch overview
Shows all important thing amd screens

Its in French, byMoesieurs
The English subtitles are excellent owever.

#458735 - 09/26/18 04:14 PM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: Bachus]
mweuch Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By mweuch

You can set arpeggio’s to follow a left hand chord progression..
You can assign 8 parts to the keyboard
All parts can have arps
You can use scenes to chnge sthe arps/part
But if you have 8 arps assigned, there is no room left for normal parts..

Thanks Bachus! Sounds very interesting I'll probably wait around Xmas time to get one and hopefully my company hands out gift card again which should be able to pay half of the 61 key. Thanks

#461999 - 11/21/18 01:53 PM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

I am sitting here in a hotel room, traveling for buiseness
I played my modx an ipad all night after dinner..

Still very happy with my set..
Modx and ipad..

#462002 - 11/21/18 02:34 PM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Bachus, with such an extensive and comprehensive tonal pallet to choose from (Kronos, Super VSTi collection, etc.), what sounds or category of sounds did you feel needed 'shoring up' by the MODX? Is the quality of the tones equal to the Kronos? Better? or just different. OR, did you just want a Yamaha in your stable (for variety)? Curious minds want to know smile.

chas

BTW, are there any Android APPS similar to the IPAD apps you mention?

#462004 - 11/21/18 03:16 PM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Thanx for sharing ...enjoyable.

#462014 - 11/21/18 10:10 PM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Bachus, with such an extensive and comprehensive tonal pallet to choose from (Kronos, Super VSTi collection, etc.), what sounds or category of sounds did you feel needed 'shoring up' by the MODX? Is the quality of the tones equal to the Kronos? Better? or just different. OR, did you just want a Yamaha in your stable (for variety)? Curious minds want to know smile.

chas

BTW, are there any Android APPS similar to the IPAD apps you mention?

Actually, the reason is i travel a lot for work lately on my current jobs, which often makes me sleep few nights a week in a hotel.. the modx is extremely light, and easy to take on the road, it replaced my roland go-piano..

It also offers yamaha’s arp’s which i like more then krogs karma, they are much easier to get imto programming and creating them. Soundwise, yes there are ither nuances on the modx, but not really much i miss on kronos/pa4x..

But for the money it blows everything else out of the water..

Combined with the ipad and the many ipad apps, it makes a very fun time pass on the long evenings..

All high end musical apps mostly are only available for ipad.. there are some android apps and some on both, but i dont use android devices.. my main apps beatmaker3, cubasis, gadget, garageband... but also things like reason impc and the whole slew of au units are not available on android. The ipad OS has all the tools for this android does not.

There is no audiobus or Au units on androids to start with, these allow you to connect all music apps and softsound modules together on ipad..

Edited by Bachus (11/21/18 10:15 PM)

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online