SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#4575 - 04/14/03 06:58 AM arp solus vs. arp odyssey
phollop willing pa Offline

Loc: canada
I have an Arp Solus in mint condition that looks like it was made yesterday. (It was $50.00 (CDN).

I've only played with it for about a day total and it is perfect. I know because I used to own a 2600 for years and am previously familiar with the 2600. I don't use the Solus because I need space and the Korg ms2000r in conjunction with a Korg Prophecy work just great together. The Solus just sits under my bed.

My questions are, what advantage is there to having an Arp Odyssey (other than an internal noise generator) to the Solus (external inputs available) and why does no one appreaciate the Solus?

#4576 - 04/14/03 07:01 AM Re: arp solus vs. arp odyssey
phollop willing pa Offline

Loc: canada
Also, woundn't be great if someone made a mini deskstop version of the Arp 2600 (using digital / analogue physical modeling) in the same way Korg upgraded the old MS 20 to the current MS 2000

#4577 - 04/17/03 08:58 AM Re: arp solus vs. arp odyssey
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I like the Solus . By the time the Solus was made , it had all the upgrades and bugs worked out of things like the filters , envelope generators , and Lfo's that the Odyssey would only see by the time the 3rd generation was made ( Odyssey III ) . Plus the Solus was made into a case , gotta love that . I would like to see a VA synth that modeled the 2600 , Solina 4 , and Solus . Also I would like to see it have the 16 step sequencer .

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online