SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#457583 - 09/06/18 07:45 AM Talk me out of a Arranger Module & Controller KB
Dnj Offline

I am thinking of setting up a new rig using an arranger module of some kind, BK7m, SD40, SD60 etc,..
which would allow me to select whatever controller, 61, 76, 88, etc, or a keyboard Hammond SK1, Roland, VR09, Roland A800 pro I prefer to play,.....
or maybe just for home use with my computer VSTs go this way.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KompKS88--native-instruments-komplete-kontrol-s88

Or just stay with my S970 all in one? confused1

Edited by Dnj (09/06/18 07:49 AM)

#457588 - 09/06/18 08:05 AM Re: Talk me out of a Arranger Module & Controller KB [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
One of those days? smile

You would improve your sound with a Ketron... The quality of the sound of An SD arranger/module would easily surpass the PSR..

An 88 key hammer action controller... are you nuts? You wouldn't last an hour... grin

If you were serious, I might be persuaded to sell my Code61... smile

But only if you intended to keep it... I am not interested in "dumping" it grin

My problem right now...I have too much, and a lot of great gear sits without playing..

My only solution is to redo my music room and set up a more practical studio.. Gear would still sit but access would be quicker..

Nah.. I don't feel like setting up another project.. smile

So maybe the Code61 is available.. shocked

If you were gigging more... the all in one arranger keyboard is the best concept.. even a PSR grin

If you want yo improve the quality of sound The Ketron SD module and a good controller would do the job.. but studio use only (at home)..

It would keep you occupied for years.. with a learning curve you could only imagine eek

#457590 - 09/06/18 08:16 AM Re: Talk me out of a Arranger Module & Controller KB [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
One of those days? smile

You would improve your sound with a Ketron... The quality of the sound of An SD arranger/module would easily surpass the PSR..

An 88 key hammer action controller... are you nuts? You wouldn't last an hour... grin

If you were serious, I might be persuaded to sell my Code61... smile

But only if you intended to keep it... I am not interested in "dumping" it grin

My problem right now...I have too much, and a lot of great gear sits without playing..

My only solution is to redo my music room and set up a more practical studio.. Gear would still sit but access would be quicker..

Nah.. I don't feel like setting up another project.. smile

So maybe the Code61 is available.. shocked

If you were gigging more... the all in one arranger keyboard is the best concept.. even a PSR grin

If you want yo improve the quality of sound The Ketron SD module and a good controller would do the job.. but studio use only (at home)..

It would keep you occupied for years.. with a learning curve you could only imagine eek

Thank you Fran as usual you talked me out of it, who am I kidding?,...a Great Sounding S970 man I remain keys ....
and as a Gear Hoarder of any kind I AM NOT!
If it sits it's GONE FAST but you know that I broke that
BAD GEAR Addiction Habit many years ago and learned my lesson well. cool2

for now wink coffee

#457595 - 09/06/18 09:13 AM Re: Talk me out of a Arranger Module & Controller KB [Re: Dnj]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
FOR ME (stress ‘for me)’, I’ve heard and/or played many of the currently available arranger keyboards and modules. I feel that Ketron, still has the best live, in-your-face-sounds. I still use the Midjay Plus for it’s simplicity to operate among other things including the sounds. I would get the SD40 IN A HEART BEAT if I could use it like the MJPlus … If I didn’t have to spend weeks re-editing my hundreds of files … Don’t mind remaking registrations, but I now use midi files more and more. For me, the HD in the SD40 is far too limited and the OS is far more complicated than my old MJPlus. But, if I had the time and inclination, The size, weight, screen size, sounds, styles etc. of the SD40 are very appealing. My 2 cents …
Ciao,
Jerry

#457604 - 09/06/18 10:30 AM Re: Talk me out of a Arranger Module & Controller KB [Re: Jerry T]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Jerry T
FOR ME (stress ‘for me)’, I’ve heard and/or played many of the currently available arranger keyboards and modules. I feel that Ketron, still has the best live, in-your-face-sounds. I still use the Midjay Plus for it’s simplicity to operate among other things including the sounds. I would get the SD40 IN A HEART BEAT if I could use it like the MJPlus … If I didn’t have to spend weeks re-editing my hundreds of files … Don’t mind remaking registrations, but I now use midi files more and more. For me, the HD in the SD40 is far too limited and the OS is far more complicated than my old MJPlus. But, if I had the time and inclination, The size, weight, screen size, sounds, styles etc. of the SD40 are very appealing. My 2 cents …
Ciao,
Jerry

Thanx Jerry...lots of good info

#457606 - 09/06/18 11:58 AM Re: Talk me out of a Arranger Module & Controller KB [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I am thinking of setting up a new rig using an arranger module of some kind, BK7m, SD40, SD60 etc,..
which would allow me to select whatever controller, 61, 76, 88, etc, or a keyboard Hammond SK1, Roland, VR09, Roland A800 pro I prefer to play,.....
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KompKS88--native-instruments-komplete-kontrol-s88

Lovely combo...

Altough that link is to the old version..
The new version gets released on oktober 1st..

I don’tt hink however, that you will feel at home with vst’s
Even i only use them next to a hardware keyboard...

I think a roland vp key, nord stage 3 compact(73 organ type keys) or hammond sk1 will suit you much much better...

Of those 3 only the nord has easy access and direct controll over the external (ketron) parts when used with an sd40..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#457608 - 09/06/18 12:12 PM Re: Talk me out of a Arranger Module & Controller KB [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj

Lovely combo...

Altough that link is to the old version..
The new version gets released on oktober 1st..

I don’tt hink however, that you will feel at home with vst’s
Even i only use them next to a hardware keyboard...

I think a roland vp key, nord stage 3 compact(73 organ type keys) or hammond sk1 will suit you much much better...

Of those 3 only the nord has easy access and direct controll over the external (ketron) parts when used with an sd40..

Good to know thanks

#457611 - 09/06/18 01:21 PM Re: Talk me out of a Arranger Module & Controller KB [Re: Dnj]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Fun facts to know. For all the videos we have been posting (except the one above) we are using a Komplete Kontrol S61 MKII. We are only using it as a dumb MIDI controller. Haven't had the need or desire to attempt to map any of the various MIDI controllers.

#457613 - 09/06/18 01:42 PM Re: Talk me out of a Arranger Module & Controller KB [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Donny,
I just ordered my Ketron SD90 module to replace my Ketron SD7 keyboard. All my gigs are "one-nighters" so to speak and I'm tired of hauling the keyboard around 4 and 5 days each week when I can get the same results with the module. I have a Roland A-800 Pro midi keyboard I have been using with Dan's vArranger and it will work great with the SD90. Sorry to say getting older rather dictates what equipment I should be using.

If all I did was play at home I would use the keyboard.

Deane

#457615 - 09/06/18 01:47 PM Re: Talk me out of a Arranger Module & Controller KB [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
Donny,
I just ordered my Ketron SD90 module to replace my Ketron SD7 keyboard. All my gigs are "one-nighters" so to speak and I'm tired of hauling the keyboard around 4 and 5 days each week when I can get the same results with the module. I have a Roland A-800 Pro midi keyboard I have been using with Dan's vArranger and it will work great with the SD90. Sorry to say getting older rather dictates what equipment I should be using.

If all I did was play at home I would use the keyboard.

Deane

Deane.... good luck on your new setup rig,. I hope to hear more from you soon about this setup. I am also seriously thinking
of the same exact Ketron rig..it just sounds TOO GOOD! keys

Edited by Dnj (09/06/18 02:36 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online