SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#457110 - 08/29/18 05:41 PM Perusing styles...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
has always been a fun project for me. I've been through just about every style file on every brand of keyboard, and nearly all that have been converted to Yamaha. This amounts to thousands upon thousands of style, some of which are just plain awful, but many, many are incredibly good.

Most of the time, I guess because I am old, each style triggers a song in my aging brain, some of which I know quite well, while others are just vague memories. A few days ago, DNJ posted his intro and style to Crazy, which was pretty good, but not close enough to the Patsy Cline style that I was hoping to hear. When I was still working, I used a 12-8 Ballad style from Yamaha. Tonight, another song came to mind using that same style, Memories from the musical "Cats."

Now, I have performed this song many years ago as a vocal performance, but never as an instrumental. I decided to give it a shot tonight, all from memory, no chord sheets, nothing but the sounds I hear in my aging brain. Thought I would share it with you folks.

Chas, I didn't count the number of chords in the song, but I believe it may exceed my usual limit of 3. wink I rarely submit instrumentals here, mainly, as I have stated many times in the past, I'm NOT a musician, just a hack entertainer that got lucky and made a good living in the wonderful world of musical entertainment.

Click here to play Memories

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#457114 - 08/29/18 06:20 PM Re: Perusing styles... [Re: travlin'easy]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary, I might have said this before. I just bought a S975 and setting my songs with a style was a breeze. I used all of your styles which have the name of the song they sound best with.

You made life easier, thanks, John C.

#457146 - 08/30/18 08:17 AM Re: Perusing styles... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John, glad those styles worked out for you and others that have downloaded them over the years.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online