Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#456913 - 08/26/18 12:30 PM Genos Live show..2
Dnj Offline

headphone

#456925 - 08/26/18 03:07 PM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: Dnj]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Sweeeeet! The more I delve into Genos the more I like!

#456929 - 08/26/18 05:01 PM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
The other demo Donny put up shows, what I feel is a better example of the quality of Genos. You can see in the other demo...there using the multiple outputs, giving much more flexibility for setting the mix.

The drums, in particular, are more present in the other demo. Gives the performance more of a live sound.

This demo, although good, does not flatter the drums. A characteristic of most online demos of Genos. Just my HO.

Good find Donny!

#456930 - 08/26/18 05:09 PM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
The other demo Donny put up shows, what I feel is a better example of the quality of Genos. You can see in the other demo...there using the multiple outputs, giving much more flexibility for setting the mix.

The drums, in particular, are more present in the other demo. Gives the performance more of a live sound.

This demo, although good, does not flatter the drums. A characteristic of most online demos of Genos. Just my HO.

Good find Donny!

This is why major editing and tweaking is very important as shown in those Dynamix videos leaving Factory sound alone is nonsense...

#456931 - 08/26/18 06:39 PM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Your right Donny. Why do they keep the drums so low in the Genos styles? Maybe for the older demographic that Yamaha feels compelled to satisfy.

Ketron seems to mix drums hotter. I was always told kick and snare equal. Of course...that was over 30 years ago.

Man...I’m gettin’ old!

jingleman

#456940 - 08/27/18 07:12 AM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Your right Donny. Why do they keep the drums so low in the Genos styles? Maybe for the older demographic that Yamaha feels compelled to satisfy.

Ketron seems to mix drums hotter. I was always told kick and snare equal. Of course...that was over 30 years ago.

Man...I’m gettin’ old!

jingleman

Its all personal preference...
And so easy to edit...

Where it comes to Yamaha over the years, the drum arrangements of the newer Yamaha styles have i proved by miles.. also the dsp and invidual drum sounds are very much improved..

Ketron mixes their styles much more upfromt where it comes to drums..

But in the end... its all about the final mix...
If you have your drums to upfromt, you might to run them trough a compressor to make room for the other sounds in the mix...from all brands yamaha tends to be the busiest.. and thats why drums in general have a little less upfront...

But as said, with todays keyboards, its all in the edditing..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456957 - 08/27/18 09:10 AM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: Bachus]
jingleman Offline

Bachus...your right about the busy nature of Yamaha styles which probably forces the drums to be mixed lower, but the other demo Donny uploaded had a much more present live drum mix. Maybe attributed to the usage of multiple outputs.

I wish all arrangers had multiple outputs...stereo pair for drums, stereo pair for keys, and a stereo pair for vocals and lead instruments. Or any configuration the user would like.

The only other option...which I’ve used...is midi sync to computer. Kind of a pain.

#456965 - 08/27/18 09:48 AM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It has been my experience that you really don't need multiple outputs to bring those drums up front - you just need to tune the keyboard, at least that's what I have always done with Yamaha arrangers that I have owned. Prior to the ability to tune the EQs on the keyboard, I worked with the EQs on my PA system, which usually did an admirable job along these lines.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#456974 - 08/27/18 10:07 AM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: travlin'easy]
jingleman Offline

Thanks Gary...I’ve played some of your files and I remember hearing the care you took with tweaking the mix, and punching up the drums.

I must be getting lazy. I still haven’t dug in to the 970 and created styles the way I like them.

I know I could probably do it...just have to take the time.

#456978 - 08/27/18 10:17 AM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Thanks Gary...I’ve played some of your files and I remember hearing the care you took with tweaking the mix, and punching up the drums.

I must be getting lazy. I still haven’t dug in to the 970 and created styles the way I like them.

I know I could probably do it...just have to take the time.

Your homework has to be done it could take months but in the end it's all worth it.

#456990 - 08/27/18 11:00 AM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: Dnj]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
very nice I like the sounds he use , he is a key player and not a singer , therefore he shows more the orchestral sounds of the Genos that make me interesting. bravo.

#456991 - 08/27/18 11:20 AM Re: Genos Live show..2 [Re: dud]
jingleman Offline

Donny, you’re right. Still working full time eats up a lot of time. But, I have to sike up and
learn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online