SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#456667 - 08/22/18 09:37 AM Re: 88 Key Arranger/Workstation NEEDED YesorNo? poll [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
No.

#456670 - 08/22/18 09:45 AM Re: 88 Key Arranger/Workstation NEEDED YesorNo? poll [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
YES!!!! smile

#456676 - 08/22/18 09:58 AM Re: 88 Key Arranger/Workstation NEEDED YesorNo? poll [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
There are probably more 25 and 49 key controllers than 88. There is this thought that if you're a piano player (which few arranger players are) you need 88 keys. Hogwash! Like some of you, I have a very nice acoustic Grand in my living room (which I keep tuned but rarely play) and I'm trying to think of the last time I needed to play the keys at the extreme ends of that piano. As far as needing 88 keys to allow for more 'zones' to play different instruments on one keybed, who DOES that?

The bottom line is, if there was a REAL hue and cry for a 88 key arranger, at least one of the manufacturers would have made one by now. There will always be individuals that want something outside the norm; manufacturers rarely listen to them. Just as the rare pianist who plays an arranger might want 88 keys, the rare organist who plays an arranger might want 61 keys....and oh yeah, an extra manual and foot pedals smile . Best bet, if you want an 88 key arranger and a 88 key controller and arranger module (or 2) won't do, do what the guy with the circular piano did; have one custom built.

chas

#456685 - 08/22/18 11:51 AM Re: 88 Key Arranger/Workstation NEEDED YesorNo? poll [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
have one custom built.

Where?

On 2nd tought, i don’t think i can afford that( or would be willing to pay that much)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456689 - 08/22/18 12:34 PM Re: 88 Key Arranger/Workstation NEEDED YesorNo? poll [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I have a CVP307 Clavinova at home. Unless I was playing strictly piano I don’t need 88 keys and even at that I could get by on 76.

#456693 - 08/22/18 02:31 PM Re: 88 Key Arranger/Workstation NEEDED YesorNo? poll [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
No

I prefer a high end piano with the ability to add a module if needed. I think if the 88 key Arranger was offered tt would be so so on both ends. Sort of like the Casio's . Decent Piano but not so great arranger.
I'm kind of, sort of, maybe for a great price, in the market for a BK7M for my FP90. Don't know why I sold mine.

#456696 - 08/22/18 07:01 PM Re: 88 Key Arranger/Workstation NEEDED YesorNo? poll [Re: Bill Lewis]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
I thought Bachus’s original idea was best.Just add a decent arranger module to the 88 note keyboard of your choice.

Lord knows there are some nice arranger modules available.

#456697 - 08/22/18 07:57 PM Re: 88 Key Arranger/Workstation NEEDED YesorNo? poll [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
How about the gigging piano player, that most likely would love the comfort of piano action and 88 of them... and also the features we take for granted..
But they currently only own a single portable piano.. maybe a Casio privia, or a Yamaha digital, or a Roland..

Most of the working piano players I know, fall in the above categories..

This is why I say YES... there is a need for 88 weighted keys arranger.. It can not be a Genos type... working piano players can not afford the over priced gear..

Taking a poll where most of the votes are from arranger players that love PSR action and mid priced Korgs… does not seem to be the best opinions..

#456699 - 08/22/18 09:16 PM Re: 88 Key Arranger/Workstation NEEDED YesorNo? poll [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
I thought Bachus’s original idea was best.Just add a decent arranger module to the 88 note keyboard of your choice.

Lord knows there are some nice arranger modules available.

Well there is just Ketron and Ketron.. The Roland BK7 is phasing out and getting kind of old.

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
No

I prefer a high end piano with the ability to add a module if needed. I think if the 88 key Arranger was offered tt would be so so on both ends. Sort of like the Casio's . Decent Piano but not so great arranger.
I'm kind of, sort of, maybe for a great price, in the market for a BK7M for my FP90. Don't know why I sold mine.

Thats my whole point... they should add high end arranger abilities to a high end piano... The Yamaha CVP series is a good example, altough its only half a Genos and msses some really important features.

Noboddy ever did a high end arranger in 88 key format...
And only Ketron does high end arrangers in a module format...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456710 - 08/23/18 03:52 AM Re: 88 Key Arranger/Workstation NEEDED YesorNo? poll [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
For me, no.

I am not a piano player and I would not know what to do with all the extra keys. There are some portable 88 keyboard pianos with some arranger features. So we are left with an arranger which has a passable piano, or an 88 keyboard that has a passable arranger functions. A 88 keyboard with all of the Korg’s or Yamaha’s arranger would bring the price to not acceptable.

If I wanted both.
A module and a controller keyboard would be my choice – if I played piano.

My last thought. As a purest I do not believe in mixing the instruments, they both have their own beauty. Buy the best you can afford and add module.

John C.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online