SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#456523 - 08/19/18 09:39 AM Re: Genos expansion pack for S-970! [Re: Eric, B]
solomon8 Offline

Loc: Lehigh Acres, Fl USA
This is the link they gave me to purchase the pack. It is a Pay Pal page all in Spanish. Pretty straight forward though.

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=Ntl...amp;locale.x=MX

Hope this is helpful.

#456526 - 08/19/18 09:47 AM Re: Genos expansion pack for S-970! [Re: Eric, B]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Thank you. I have a feeling I might use it soon. Most definitely the best value for money that can be had in the arranger world.

Please be so kind as to post some recordings, showcasing only the main intro and ending of some styles. No need to play anything using the styles.

#456527 - 08/19/18 09:50 AM Re: Genos expansion pack for S-970! [Re: Eric, B]
solomon8 Offline

I will try and get something up for you. I have to find out how to post an audio file. Sorry to be so dumb. Will do my best.

#456530 - 08/19/18 10:23 AM Re: Genos expansion pack for S-970! [Re: solomon8]
Henni Offline

Tx my friend, looking forward to it.

#456536 - 08/19/18 12:11 PM Re: Genos expansion pack for S-970! [Re: Eric, B]
solomon8 Offline

I think a note of caution on this Expansion Pack might be the fact that they list it as a Ghenos Beta Project. So, even though it may sound fine to me, there may be things going on that are not exactly 100% proper. I am just guessing. I did mention that a number of variations didn't have a voice when a variation was selected. I easily choose a voice, but still none was there at the initial start of the style. Just thought I would mention this. BETA to me means it is still not in its final form.

#456539 - 08/19/18 12:28 PM Re: Genos expansion pack for S-970! [Re: solomon8]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Thanks for your insight

#456549 - 08/19/18 01:47 PM Re: Genos expansion pack for S-970! [Re: Eric, B]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
It sounds intriguing. But I think that if they merely recorded sound from Genos, just note after note, and then made samples out of it for PSR, it may sound authentic at first, but soon it will sound quite boring, because this is the sound that has already been generated and processed in a certain way (e.g. dynamic filters). Certainly, the original samples are fixed in Genos as well, but I’m sure, that the algorithms which produce the final sound are rather sophisticated. The videos may not show the difference, but playing it, I fear, may reveal the trick rather soon.

#456553 - 08/19/18 03:06 PM Re: Genos expansion pack for S-970! [Re: Eric, B]
solomon8 Offline

I really don't think they sampled the Genos as they do acoustic pianos. That would take unbelievable amounts of time and effort. The styles play very nice. I am just guessing but I have a feeling that they took the few styles they offer and modified the sound source available in the PSR S970 or Tyros 5 and came as close as they could. The install does load a lot of voices, but the Tyros 5 and the Genos are two entirely different sound engines. I didn't like the fact that they did not complete all of the OTS assignments. There are to many styles missing voices on different variations. I feel they should have made this known before you purchase it. I think someone with more talent than me could do a lot with the expansion pack, but it is an unfinished product as far as I can tell. It is very playable but still leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe as I learn more I will think differently, one way or the other.

Edited by solomon8 (08/19/18 03:08 PM)

#456564 - 08/19/18 05:16 PM Re: Genos expansion pack for S-970! [Re: Eric, B]
Henni Offline

Please be so kind as to take the time to make and post some MP3 demos here. Only intros and endings would suffice.

At PSRTut it was discudded how they created the sounds. It was a complete different method than expected, but Greek to a novice like myself. I'll see if I can stil find this discussion and post etracts over here.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online