SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#456265 - 08/16/18 10:15 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Alan, I have outlived most of my friends, family members with the exception of my mother who made it to 79 before passing from lung cancer. I will be 78 this October if I make it that far, which I think I will. I am slowly dying from pulmonary fibrosis due to asbestos exposure while serving in the US Navy. Two years ago, I was given one to two years to live, but so far, I have managed to dodge the big bullet.

Sorry to hear about your friend's daughter - cancer of any type is a horrendous disease.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#456270 - 08/16/18 10:40 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Thanks Gary for the well wishes. I had a friend who died from asbestosis which I think is what you may have (correct me if I am wrong). He apparently contracted it from being a plumber many years ago.
He did'nt make my age but was into his sixties.

I'm sure I will still be corresponding with you in your eighties.

Here's to the next decade.

Alan

#456272 - 08/16/18 10:48 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Eat less carbs, and excersise more...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456273 - 08/16/18 11:00 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Agree with you there Bachus. Cut down on the carbs but excercising when you are old is not that easy especially if you have an illness/condition which makes it difficult if not impossible. Try Peripheral Polyneuropathy as an example (diagnosed recently). If I overdo it gardening or housework then it can take me three days to recover so excercise is not always the answer.

Pace yourself and take each day as it comes.

Alan

#456275 - 08/16/18 12:12 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I am drinking a nice ice cold Cucumber, Celery, Ginger, Green apple, Lemon, juice smoothie feeling good.

#456283 - 08/16/18 04:00 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
I am drinking a nice ice cold Cucumber, Celery, Ginger, Green apple, Lemon, juice smoothie feeling good.

Times have really changed. I used to have a cold beer and a cigarette. eek

Jerryghr

#456284 - 08/16/18 04:22 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

I'm sipping a 12-ounce glass of Jim Bean Honey Bourbon, and feeling great. Just can't breathe worth a damned, but the Jim Bean sure helps the back pain. smile

Alan, yes, I do have asbestosis, and thank goodness it has not turned into mesothelioma, which is often the case. When I worked in the field of medicine, my specialty was cardio-pulmonary diseases, but I also had a fair degree of knowledge of other disease entities. Unfortunately, because I worked extensively in this field, I know the outcome of my malady. As I sit here in front of my PC typing this, each breath is labored and this will progressively get worse until the end. Slow suffocation is a really bad way to die. I think when the end is near, I have a big bottle of pills that I just may have to swallow and get it over with while I'm blasted out of my mind.

All the best,

Gary cool

#456285 - 08/16/18 04:26 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

ok then....who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health?

just wondering? confused1

#456287 - 08/16/18 04:31 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, show me a single, scientific, medical study that show where drinking smoothies will make you healthier - just one!

Gary cool

#456288 - 08/16/18 04:44 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
May I put in a good word for a healthy drink? Good old water-no calories and very good for you.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online