SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#456229 - 08/15/18 06:54 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Steve, all you need to lose weight is a piece of duct tape and good strong arms. The arms are used to get away from the table, and if that doesn’t work place the duct tape over your mouth. aaaaah!

In my early seventies I was told I had diabetes. I watch my sugars and greasy foods --- and allow myself to cheat once in a while. Food is not the biggest killer – stress is. You know the thing most of us embrace almost every day. If you stay in tune with your body it will tell you what to eat.

John C.
PS, I have never found any food that was good for everyone. I eat two eggs ever morning.

Edited by bruno123 (08/15/18 06:57 PM)

#456230 - 08/15/18 06:57 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
So what's your favorite smoothie or juice recipes ?

Attachments
mcdonalds-mcjuice-blender.jpg

#456231 - 08/15/18 07:00 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Jerryghr
Originally Posted By Dnj

Looks like instant heart failure in a jar yuk.

#456232 - 08/15/18 08:20 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, keep in mind that the folks that consume the most fat are the folks that have the least amount of problems with cardio-vascular disease. Fat consumption does NOT cause cardio-vascular disease, and neither does cholesterol. There are hundreds of studies to confirm this, yet the US medical community continues to push cholesterol lowering drugs down out throats on a regular basis. Just follow the money trail.

The latest studies clearly show that cardio-vascular disease is likely the byproduct of a virus that attacks the arterial walls, but no one in the drug industry wants you to know about this. There is a huge study that was conducted by the World Health Organization that revealed that the people with the lowest cholesterol levels had the highest incidence of heart disease, while those with the highest cholesterol levels had the lowest incidence of cardi0-vascular disease.

When I worked in cardio-pulmonary medicine, more than 70 percent of my patients that had to undergo bypass surgery had low or normal cholesterol levels. Go figure! Maybe they should have consumed more fat and cholesterol - they may have lived longer. smile

Now, the race that has the lowest cholesterol level is the Australian Aborigines, folks with a diet that consists of fruits, nuts and wild game. They have the lowest life expectancy on the planet and the highest rate of cardio-vascular disease.

The race the consumes the most fat and cholesterol is the Inuit Eskimos. They enjoy the lowest incidence of cardio-vascular disease. No one consumes more fat than the French, who also enjoy a very low incidence of cardio-vascular disease.

Believe what you want, but those are the facts! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#456239 - 08/16/18 01:59 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: travlin'easy]
Niels Offline

Loc: Denmark
The only way to reverse diverticulitis is to eat more fiber. Yes, it will have some adverse effects in the beginning but will definitely not exacerbate the disease. Eating more fiber will result in more short chain fatty acids production which will helps to seal the intestine and remove inflammation.

#456240 - 08/16/18 03:22 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

The morning shake is with Isagneix protein powder, blueberries and peeled very ripe frozen bananas. Lunch time it’s usually the protein powder, frozen pineapple and frozen ripe bananas. Once in a while I use Bai Coconut drink instead of water for the lunch time shake, mixed with the pineapple and banana. Tastes similar to a pina colada minus the rum.

John duct tape didn’t work smile

#456241 - 08/16/18 05:07 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Especially with fruit smoothies - watch the sugar. Having said that a smoothie you make yourself from whole fruit is less sugary than shop-bought fruit juice which is normally disastrous for those of us with sugar issues!

However I still remember getting a breakfast box on a United Airlines transatlantic flight, The blueberry muffin was not huge but contained over 30g of sugar, quite an achievement!

#456242 - 08/16/18 06:23 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Originally Posted By Dnj

The morning shake is with Isagneix protein powder, blueberries and peeled very ripe frozen bananas. Lunch time it’s usually the protein powder, frozen pineapple and frozen ripe bananas. Once in a while I use Bai Coconut drink instead of water for the lunch time shake, mixed with the pineapple and banana. Tastes similar to a pina colada minus the rum.

John duct tape didn’t work smile

Thanx Steve sounds yummmmy, ......and very healthy...
right now trying fresh Cucumber, Celery, Pineapple, Ginger, Tumeric, Lemon, for gout & arthritis works VERY well.
Lunch time I like Blueberries, Rasberries, Blackberries, Banana Carrots, Spinach, & Avocado.

#456247 - 08/16/18 07:45 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Neils, if that was true, no one would ever have to undergo a bowel resection due to diverticulitis. I have scrubbed on many such cases and seen pockets the size of your thumb in the resected bowel segments. You are not going to seal them by eating anything.

Good luck,

Gary

Edited by travlin'easy (08/16/18 10:11 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#456262 - 08/16/18 09:30 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
I am not overly worried about my intake as long as I don't go too crazy. I have reached my fathers passing age so anything now is a bonus.

My friend has a daughter aged 43 with two children not over eight years in age. She has had a double mastectomy a tumour removed from her spine and I have just heard they have found three more lesions on her spine and one in a lung blood vessel. Obviously we are all hoping for the best but in reality I think we will not know her for much longer.

All I am trying to say is, eat drink and enjoy life because you don't know when you're number comes up.

Sorry if this is morbid but at the moment that's exactly how I feel. A bottle of red wine has helped.

Alan.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online