SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#455876 - 08/08/18 05:32 PM Yamaha guitars in action
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
This is why I like the Yamaha guitars so much...

Attachments
Guitars01.mp3 (87 downloads)
Guitars02.mp3 (36 downloads)

#455877 - 08/08/18 07:10 PM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

More of those AWESOME guitars...

Attachments
Guitars03.mp3 (23 downloads)
Guitars04.mp3 (24 downloads)

#455878 - 08/09/18 12:35 AM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Acoustic guitars...

Attachments
Guitars05.mp3 (30 downloads)
Guitars06.mp3 (26 downloads)

#455882 - 08/09/18 06:14 AM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Very impressive ......Yamaha guitars are unmatched in arranger kbs.

#455890 - 08/09/18 08:06 AM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

If Ketron could only create the same, along with their audio loops, it would really be something outstanding. Imagine adding Mega Guitars to the SD9 with all it's other features already on board. If I have to choose between Audio and Mega guitars, my choice would lean towards the Mega group. One is too limited with the limited number of audio loops available. Plus, merely changing the effects on the Mega guitars, creates a totally different sound.

As far as value for money goes, the latest Yamaha PSR series would be hard to beat. Most of the best guitar styles above are off the S975, but played on my S770 exactly as is - no modification whatsoever!

My S770 plays everything up to the Tyros 5 as is (without the new human voices off course) and even the Genos styles with not too much modifications. (The only styles on the S975 it cannot play accurately is in the "Plus" category, but I intend to modify these soon.) That means an awe full lot for those who can't always have the latest & greatest.

#455913 - 08/09/18 04:24 PM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Henni: Nice work! Donny is right about Yamaha arranger guitars. I’m a guitar player...so Roland, Kong, and Ketron guitars that I’ve listened and played, have that same attack on every note. Not believable to me. Yamaha has found a way to set the attack to sound more believable. In my HO of course.

jingleman

#456216 - 08/15/18 12:21 PM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: jingleman]
Henni Offline

Why my little Yamaha excites me...

Attachments
Armour Pop.mp3 (14 downloads)
Car Rock.mp3 (21 downloads)
DelayRock.mp3 (14 downloads)
GroovyBrassR&B.mp3 (15 downloads)

#456217 - 08/15/18 12:22 PM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Attachments
Guitar Ballad.mp3 (27 downloads)
Legendary Ballad.mp3 (25 downloads)
Modern Gospel.mp3 (12 downloads)
Opera Pop.mp3 (17 downloads)

#456218 - 08/15/18 12:24 PM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Attachments
Orchestral Rock.mp3 (18 downloads)
Rocky Pop.mp3 (16 downloads)
Scan Look Rock.mp3 (11 downloads)
Schlager Rock.mp3 (9 downloads)

#456219 - 08/15/18 12:26 PM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Attachments
Senza PopBld.mp3 (17 downloads)
SlowGenosRock.mp3 (15 downloads)
Udo Rock.mp3 (30 downloads)
VollBeat Rock.mp3 (18 downloads)

#456224 - 08/15/18 03:33 PM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Same style as above after some tweaking - Played on my PSR S770. Listen to those guitars, especially Variation 3 & 4.

Attachments
Armour-PopH.mp3 (22 downloads)

#456225 - 08/15/18 04:20 PM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Henni...did you program these styles...if so, how can I get a hold of them. Nice work!

jingleman

#456233 - 08/15/18 08:39 PM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: jingleman]
Henni Offline

Hi Jingleman,

I purchased these from Yamaha. Yes, I modified the last one I posted myself. The demos are off their website and actually played on a Genos. My modified version (more to follow) proves that with just a little tweaking they can be made to sound even better on the lower end models like my S770. (Note that I made all these changes direct on my arranger, no external software required.)

Apart from the extra voices which could be installed from packs and selectively chosen by using Yamaha's free YEM software, many more onboard voices are availabe in the following default onboard directories:

1. Newest standard onboard voices that comes with your model. (Includes many subdirectories)
2. Mega voices. (Includes many subdirectories)
3. Legacy voices. (Includes many subdirectories)
4. GM & XG voices. (Includes many subdirectories)
5. GM2 voices. (Includes many subdirectories)

These folders share hundreds of voices between them and if one is willing to spend the time finding better voices, some jewels are to be had. Then off course I have all the voices of the newer models right up to and including the Genos and if the parent voice is available on my S770, I then have access to the latest versions of those that include the effects not available on my model as the selected voice stores the effect with it.

To top this, for a mere 60 USD all the Genos voices can be had with the Genos styles included & even linked to them for the S970 upwards. I could actually install part of these in my limited memory if I really wanted to.

Then, as I demonstrated over here before, any older style could be brought up to par by running it through the free Yamaha Megaenhancer software which will change all voices that could to Mega voices including all the required effects. Sometimes the end results are truly amazing.

I love these kind of guitar styles. The thing is that with Yamaha you are not limited to one or two styles only containing these fantastic guitar sections in them - there are literally hundreds of these available, most of these for free download over at PSRTutorial & others.

Apart from my Audya, I never had the luxury of owning the top models of any brand. However, a little creativity more than makes up for this.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#456316 - 08/17/18 12:41 AM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

On my S770...

Attachments
Car RockH.mp3 (12 downloads)

#456317 - 08/17/18 01:15 AM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
preplapse Offline

Originally Posted By Henni
Hi Jingleman,

I purchased these from Yamaha. Yes, I modified the last one I posted myself. The demos are off their website and actually played on a Genos. My modified version (more to follow) proves that with just a little tweaking they can be made to sound even better on the lower end models like my S770. (Note that I made all these changes direct on my arranger, no external software required.)

Apart from the extra voices which could be installed from packs and selectively chosen by using Yamaha's free YEM software, many more onboard voices are availabe in the following default onboard directories:

1. Newest standard onboard voices that comes with your model. (Includes many subdirectories)
2. Mega voices. (Includes many subdirectories)
3. Legacy voices. (Includes many subdirectories)
4. GM & XG voices. (Includes many subdirectories)
5. GM2 voices. (Includes many subdirectories)

These folders share hundreds of voices between them and if one is willing to spend the time finding better voices, some jewels are to be had. Then off course I have all the voices of the newer models right up to and including the Genos and if the parent voice is available on my S770, I then have access to the latest versions of those that include the effects not available on my model as the selected voice stores the effect with it.

To top this, for a mere 60 USD all the Genos voices can be had with the Genos styles included & even linked to them for the S970 upwards. I could actually install part of these in my limited memory if I really wanted to.

Then, as I demonstrated over here before, any older style could be brought up to par by running it through the free Yamaha Megaenhancer software which will change all voices that could to Mega voices including all the required effects. Sometimes the end results are truly amazing.

I love these kind of guitar styles. The thing is that with Yamaha you are not limited to one or two styles only containing these fantastic guitar sections in them - there are literally hundreds of these available, most of these for free download over at PSRTutorial & others.

Apart from my Audya, I never had the luxury of owning the top models of any brand. However, a little creativity more than makes up for this.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Where can I find the Genos voices and styles for 60USD for the PSR S970. Thanks in advance

#456354 - 08/17/18 09:28 AM Re: Yamaha guitars in action [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online