SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#456038 - 08/12/18 03:23 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Watching Fox news or cnn should be classified as a disease.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#456039 - 08/12/18 05:10 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yes Bachus dream on. Plane fell down by itself.

#456045 - 08/12/18 06:11 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
Yes Bachus dream on. Plane fell down by itself.

No it didn’t..
Thats the only fact we can be sure off...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456075 - 08/12/18 09:54 AM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: Dnj]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I’ll put my 2 cents in (for what it’s worth). First I disagree with the negative comments posted by a member, and sorry, but find it laughable to see this person compare the sounds quality to the 90’s. To make a statement like that IMO is just silly.

Casio has filled a gap Yamaha left wide open for the taking. That CTX5000 is an exceptional bargain. Yamaha, Korg, and Roland can’t touch what it does for the price. The presets are pretty darn good on the 5000, and there are plenty of users out there that have done a side by side comparison with this and the only contender Yamaha has (current E series), and many have said they felt the 5000 had better sounds. Honestly, how can a person say the 5000 sounds like the 90’s after hearing that antiquated Yamaha piano on the E series contender.

Casio snuck in and dropped a good model filling a gap that Yamaha and others have ignored for years. Their new AiX sound engine is actually quite good. Casio has really upped their game, but unfortunately will always have “haters” who will always bash them, even when they are beating the competition.

Sqk

Edited by squeak_D (08/12/18 09:56 AM)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#456083 - 08/12/18 11:21 AM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

I just wonder if the market segment that buys Yamaha e-series and/or Casio are all that discerning about sounds. I suspect it's more about low price and availability. Obviously the segment is large enough and you see more Yamaha about than you see Casio, around here anyway. But if someone is looking for a decent keyboard so that their eight year old might get interested, then either one is a decent choice, and many a parent won't look any further than what's in front of them in the store.

#456094 - 08/12/18 01:45 PM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
... lost interest in this thread. That Casio does not impress me at all.

#456095 - 08/12/18 02:05 PM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
You know, I’m doing my best not to be a fan or a hater of anything and try to stay open minded. But if a promotional video is intended to make an impression, I can’t help feeling about it like I do and to speak about it. As music is both intellectual and emotional thing, an emotional evaluation has its own right to exist.

But comparing this music to the music of 90’s games I’m not being too abstract about it. That music was in fact quite good in many cases, but Casio’s version of contemporary dance music in the video was, in my opinion, highly unconvincing.

The key thing is, I guess, that the keyboard is presented as something shocking, as if everyone should be out of words with delight, as Casio says, it’s a “Monster sound”.

If I’ve heard something that I like, why wouldn’t I be exited about that? I’m not a reach man and I’d love to buy something comparable to PSR-S770+ for half the price.

The thing is that it’s a usual practice for Casio to announce each new keyboard as something revolutionary, giving new names for their “sound engines”. Before “YouTube” it used to be that I made a long trip to the store to try this “a keyboard of my dream”, but it didn’t take me more than a minute to become disillusioned.

I did try PX-560 at store last year and watched carefully lots of videos of it, but I found no reason to call it a bargain. If it sounded like PSR-S770, yes, that would be a great tool, but it doesn’t. I don’t think that it’s a bad keyboard either.

Coincidentally, I’ve been expressing a lot of skeptical thoughts about Yamaha Genos on this forum, still, we managed not to give each other labels.

There’re a lot of things I don’t like about PSR, and that’s why I want Casio or other brand to push Yamaha harder.

But I’m not going to support a promotional video which I didn’t like.

Generally, I’m a little bit alarmed with Casio products, because, for example, as one review stated, CT-X700 doesn’t even allow to adjust volume of dual/split voices. I’ve checked the manual and it seems to be correct. To me it seems as some carelessness, which was allowed to happen. And altogether I don’t see Casio being successful in other fields, this is my rough observation, but I just don’t see them being much around in the world of modern personal electronics nowadays.

#456100 - 08/12/18 04:18 PM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny...you really got things stirred up with this thread. All over a bunch of keys and plastic...💗🎹🤷‍♂️

#456101 - 08/12/18 04:24 PM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Donny...you really got things stirred up with this thread. All over a bunch of keys and plastic...💗🎹🤷‍♂️

Don't shoot the messenger.... Enjoy!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online